BFG KO2 Tread Life Warranty Claim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Interesting. On the Gen 2 I preferred the recommended pressure on the door or lower. The back end was jumpy over road bumps when the pressure was higher. Hopefully the Gen 3's coil suspension will improve this and higher pressure will be a good option.

I kept the PSI at or very close to door placard for about 5 months, and after Raptor Assault I began to slowly decrease the psi settling on about 36-34 front, 34-33 rear unless I’m hauling cargo, which is pretty rare.

Even so, I had some uneven wear that others reported as well. The center wore at a higher rate than the edges.

At Raptor Assault they actually recommended we keep the tires a little below the door recommendation, even on the road. They pointed out that dropping a few PSI really helps with rear hop over bumps and I found that to be true. I'd rather ride/composure over tire life personally.

I agree with this.
I still got 40+k out of the stockers, but: I had tread left, but the stick was not there after about 36k. A cold rain would make take offs, throttle in turns a bit more challenging to control on pavement.

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my original BFGs to 55K and they barely made it thru inspection. 37F/35R, 50/50 local and highway miles, some offroad.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to pull this old thread back up, but I was having the same issues. 2017 with 27K on the original KO2s and 2/32 tread or less on all tires. Trying to get info from BFG for a warranty claim was coming up empty. They recommended going to Walmart when I called them. So I called Discount Tire. They said they handle the BFG Warranty in house and have all the necessary forms on their computer system.

I went down to see what the process was. The looked at my tires, took tread depth and scanned them with a hand-held scanner tool. Put the info in their system and next thing you know I had $640 pro-rate discount off a new set of 4 KO2. Almost a 50% prorate. 1 hour later I was driving home with a new set of tires.

Moral of the story, Talk to Discount Tire or your area BFG licensed dealer. The process was super easy.
This is how it's supposed to work.

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
My dealer was totally incompetent so it took months to get the money, but this is how it's supposed to work, and it's this easy if the tire dealer knows what they're doing. All you have to do is press the issue and the tire dealer should be able to get you the tread life balance back as a discount off the new tire cost.

I don't know how anyone gets more than 30k from a set (both of mine needed replacement in the 20k range) and the warranty is 50k. I'll be pushing for this every time I get the tires replaced and I'll keep in mind that Discount Tire knows how to handle it.
I know this is an old thread but I'm reading through it now. Would love to do this at DiscountTire but I'm in Eastern PA and the closest one is in Pittsburgh, 4 hours away!
There are not many of these DiscountTire locations huh??

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got over 50k from my original set and went back with same tire. My 2017 now has 96.5k miles and I'm guessing the tires have another 10k left.

Discount Tire knows how to handle the tire warranties, but they also have a lot of inexperienced tech's and that doesn't always work out. My trim rings got all scratched up and they reimbursed me for a new set. They did stand by their work, but I had asked in advance if they could change tires without damaging the rings or should I take them off. I should have taken them off.