BFG KO2 Tread Life Warranty Claim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM BFG KO2s are at 1-2/32" (basically bald) at 28K miles, and have been generally unsafe in the wet and useless offroad for the last 3-4K miles. As most know, the C load rated KO2s for the Raptor were made to run softer, and allegedly had a different compound than the other KO2s. I think the wear is ridiculous for a tire of this alleged quality/intended use.

I initiated a warranty claim with BFG for the tires, even though they have no mileage warranty. I believe the prior KO2s had a 50k warranty on them. They do have a 6 year defect warranty, however. With a 2018 Raptor in service since October of 2017, I'm barely 1/3 of the way into the warranty period. Initially, BFG gave me a 25% discount on a new set, as a "goodwill" gesture. I called back and haggled for a while and got them to 35% discount. Has anyone had any better luck/results?

I really don't want the OEM KO2s back on there, but I may get them and then sell the stock wheels/new tires and upgrade to a better wheel tire combo. TIA for your input.

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my claim online as well, 2017 with 21K miles. They asked me to go to a local tire shop for verification, I had the manager call BFG direct, he negotiated with them for a 50% reimbursement on a new set of rear tires only as the fronts were fine. I think they started with the 25, then 35% off crap as well, but his call helped I believe to get them to agree to a modest 50%. Good luck!

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAD 14 WITH KO;S 50,000 MILES.HAVE 17 34,000 MILES ALMOST BALD.THEY SAID KO2;S BETTER TIRE?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m over 30k and will be buying new ones soon, but I’m not in any immediate need. Honestly, the way I drive, if I make 30k on a set of tires, every mile more is a gift from heaven. I don’t think I’ve ever made the tire warranty mileage or the mileage claim the manufacturer makes.

The thing is, sure there are other tires out there but all of them are some kind of compromise - more aggressive mud tires, but less rain competent, much heavier, etc.

I’m just prepping for the financial pain of tire replacement now, rather than waiting.

I’ve read of some others slaying their KO2’s pretty quick as well. Are you running much lower PSI or something out of the norm by way of use case? I don’t always run the factory recommended 38 psi, but I do tend to run higher than the raptor assault preferred settings

I do have my eyes on some wheels but... I need black Friday like deals to make that work. I’m probably going to have to grab a set of tires before I can swing wheels.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My OEM BFG KO2s are at 1-2/32" (basically bald) at 28K miles, and have been generally unsafe in the wet and useless offroad for the last 3-4K miles. As most know, the C load rated KO2s for the Raptor were made to run softer, and allegedly had a different compound than the other KO2s. I think the wear is ridiculous for a tire of this alleged quality/intended use.

I initiated a warranty claim with BFG for the tires, even though they have no mileage warranty. I believe the prior KO2s had a 50k warranty on them. They do have a 6 year defect warranty, however. With a 2018 Raptor in service since October of 2017, I'm barely 1/3 of the way into the warranty period. Initially, BFG gave me a 25% discount on a new set, as a "goodwill" gesture. I called back and haggled for a while and got them to 35% discount. Has anyone had any better luck/results?

I really don't want the OEM KO2s back on there, but I may get them and then sell the stock wheels/new tires and upgrade to a better wheel tire combo. TIA for your input.

I wouldnt even want them with a warranty replacement. Mine were unsafe on wet roads when they were brand new.

tomcruise

Reaction score
Ko2's are notoriously bad on wet roads. They are great offroad and in snow they are decent. I have gone through 3 sets between my wife's car and my truck and average 24k miles before I consider them unsafe.

Joefadams

Reaction score
Just replaced mine with 37” Ridge Grapplers. Guy who installed the new ones said “Damn these only have about 20% tread left” after taking them off. 2018 Raptor with 9,500 miles ‍♂️♂️

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
admittedly, i have not done any offloading yet. But with doing 7k mile rotations including my spare, @ 25k miles.....i think my tires should hit 45k very easy

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got suckered into the Ford wheel and tire protection and it's the best thing that happened to me they have replaced 3 tires I have popped on the "freeway" (lol) but I honestly like the KO2 on and off road. I did notice depending on how hard I push it with the ROC group or the terrain (Vegas power line road gravel chewed them up) vs Mojave dirt or pismo sand make a huge difference on wear and tear. I will use my insurance as much as I can but have accepted that these tires last 20k if you do decent time offroad. I got them to put in E load tires too since that's what I put on my spares!