BFG KM2 vs Goodyear MTR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 37x12.50 mt/r's!! tenacious amounts of grip in sand, water/mud, dirt, and quiet on the highway! plus, they just look ****** badass :D

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At this point I would pick the KM2s over the MTRs. Seems to be slightly better than the MTRs in the snow

But I love the MTRs on the mud and rocks

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the OP, if you offroad a lot you'd be insane to turn down a FREE set of the KM2s for tires you have to pay for. They're an expendable item either way, so why not go the free route?
Just my $.02

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP, if you offroad a lot you'd be insane to turn down a FREE set of the KM2s for tires you have to pay for. They're an expendable item either way, so why not go the free route?
Just my $.02

"insane" ------ well I am insane then. If someone offered me a free set they would not be put on a vehicle that I own. Failure is not an option and the only tires that have had sidewall failures were BFG's AT's and KM2's. This is on the same roads I have been driving on at the ranch for 34 years so it is apples to apples.

OP
OP
B

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the mtr's also no cost, my thinking was if sidewalls are no old, and I pop even just one tire that's 300 bucks gone from my pocket. I'll have a nice fifth tire also so better to go with something seriously strong, considering the at's got chewed up every single trip.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have probably 200k miles on KM2's and another 200k miles on Toyo M/T and about 500k miles on the BFG A/T because these have been out so long. . I have had a set of MTR's also. All great tires. Have had all these sets offroad tons and tons in usually very rocky elk hunting terrain for hundreds of thousands of miles. Any modern day 3 ply sidewall is very good and is not going to be very easy to puncture especially with a little less air in them. I like a lighter tire so prefer the BFGs for that but the toyos ride better but are heavy. The Goodyear MTR's fall in between. I do like those tires though they ride good but do get quiet loud when worn. The toyos are a little softer compound and tend to get torn up a little more than the good years or the BFG's MT. The BFG AT do get torn up good in the rocks but are pretty puncture resistant.

Not sure what terrain boss Hogg is driving in, but that has not been my experience with BFG at all regarding flats. What other tires have you run Boss Hogg, that seem to be holding up so much better?

I'd jump on the BFGs in a heartbeat, and if you don't buy them and sell them to me for half cost!:hail:

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run both. I just put a set of KM2's on my Raptor. I like them a lot. I've done a couple of 300 milers in the dirt and they are holding up well. I came from the Rock Crawling world and there I used MTR's because of the meaty sidewalls and their ability in grabbing the rocks etc. These KM2's seem to work well in rocks but that is not the primary use with a Raptor. Serious rock crawling is not the Raptors use. Going fast and being able to turn in the dirt is the primary use so I think the KM2 works very well. They all cost about the same so it also depends on your pocket book I guess. If your going to get tires for free then what is your concern. They both will do get the job done and done very well. spend your money on something else for the truck and get the free tires.
Mil T

OP
OP
B

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, love the mtr, they look great, ride great, and tear up snow and dirt. I believe we did lose about 1mpg and ma are they sticky o pavement.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk