best window deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a procedure to train the windows for in channel vents. Had them on my gen1, major pain in the ass. Love my new setup.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure which thread, but I saw someone here post pic of deflectors and they were much thinner, lower profile, especially from front door edge halfway up, contoured.

And while I'm at it, question: Aside from liking the look, I never got the purpose behind these. I can't imagine they would stop rain drops from coming in if driving in rain with windows open. Are they solely for the purpose of deflecting wind when driving with windows open? TY.

In my opinion it helps deflect a bit of wind when the windows all the way down so it's not as turbulent in the cab. You are correct in that they won't stop rain from coming in if the window is lower than the visor. I use for venting on hot days or on rainy days when fresh air is preferred to AC. I also spend a lot of time up in the mountains in the wet and snow. When you are in and out with wet clothes and literal puddles on the floor liners, I haven't met a defroster yet that can keep up without roasting you out of the truck. It sure helps to let that moisture and extra heat escape.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've used weathertech in channel ones on my previous GM trucks, never did the rears because they're "glue-on" like every other make, just didn't want to glue something on my truck.....plus don't really care much about the people in the back seat lol, the main reason I like em is opening up windows a crack when raining, or all the way down @ a drive through when truck is wet so the water doesn't drip into the truck & down the door panel, & also as the OP suggested - leaving cracked open for some ventilation. I had the same ones over 2 GM trucks 5.5 years & 110k combined miles on em & they were still fine, never moved on me at all.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used weathertech in channel ones on my previous GM trucks, never did the rears because they're "glue-on" like every other make, just didn't want to glue something on my truck.....plus don't really care much about the people in the back seat lol, the main reason I like em is opening up windows a crack when raining, or all the way down @ a drive through when truck is wet so the water doesn't drip into the truck & down the door panel, & also as the OP suggested - leaving cracked open for some ventilation. I had the same ones over 2 GM trucks 5.5 years & 110k combined miles on em & they were still fine, never moved on me at all.

They use clips now that go in behind the rubber seal. No adhesive for the Raptor versions at all, front or back.

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
Well I got the Weathertechs for all of the windows. Pretty simple install and look great but the windows are hitting the units when they get to the top. I'm told it takes a couple weeks break in time but seems like packing a window and a deflector into the same channel would create a problem every time.

Steve DeVito

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my 2018 SCREW. The rears are fine after 48 hours - the windows go up and down with no scraping. However, the fronts are a different story. The front driver side front flange cracked in 3 different pieces - I have yet to find where they ended up. The passenger side front only cracked little bit at the rear but the window is still scraping it slightly. I ordered another set to see if I can make them work. I sent an e-mail to WeatherTech but have yet to hear back. I've seen a couple of videos and they deviate a bit from the instructions included in the box. They all say to ease the window up and down a few times then leave it close for 48 hours. I made sure I used the tool they provided to make sure it was set in the channel as far back as I could get it. However, the first time the window goes all the way up is when the cracks occur in the flange. I may leave the window down for a while in the heat of the day to see if they adjust themselves better before putting the window up for the first time. If any one has any other tips I would like to hear them.

On a side note, I also installed their hood protector and the install went flawless and looks great.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my 2018 SCREW. The rears are fine after 48 hours - the windows go up and down with no scraping. However, the fronts are a different story. The front driver side front flange cracked in 3 different pieces - I have yet to find where they ended up. The passenger side front only cracked little bit at the rear but the window is still scraping it slightly. I ordered another set to see if I can make them work. I sent an e-mail to WeatherTech but have yet to hear back. I've seen a couple of videos and they deviate a bit from the instructions included in the box. They all say to ease the window up and down a few times then leave it close for 48 hours. I made sure I used the tool they provided to make sure it was set in the channel as far back as I could get it. However, the first time the window goes all the way up is when the cracks occur in the flange. I may leave the window down for a while in the heat of the day to see if they adjust themselves better before putting the window up for the first time. If any one has any other tips I would like to hear them.

On a side note, I also installed their hood protector and the install went flawless and looks great.

Do you have a picture of the hood protector ? Which model # did you get ?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My weather tech ended up in the garbage. Never installed the rear.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could see them being nice in areas where you want/need to keep your windows cracked. A young guy I'm friends with went out to Phoenix to go to school with a black Chevy Silverado. It was 109 the first day he was there. He parked it in a lot in full sun and went shopping, when he came back most of his windows were broken. He called the cops to report the obvious vandalism. The cop got on scene and my buddy told his story and the cop just started laughing at him. He went on to tell him how common it is out there that someone new doesn't know YOU HAVE TO CRACK YOUR WINDOWS with a dark vehicle parked in the sun in that kind of heat or your windows will crack. :banghead:

I know I never knew that until he told me his story.