Best tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Just found a great deal on a Revolver X4s on offer up new in the box. $500. Pulled the trigger same day, so I'm okay with compromising a little if needed lol.
That's a smoking deal! Yes you can leave the side rails in place and remove just the cover. There is an install video on RealTruck.com and that should answer all of you questions. Speaking of all of this, can someone measure their side rails? I am having a warranty issue and I think mine are too short.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody else has had any issues with the Retrax covers freezing and not opening, but I have. This last cold blast and snow make the cover completely inoperable. In the past I have even had the top freeze without snow on it. Sometimes the lock also gets frozen shut.
The Retrax also lets more water in than I would like. I don't think I would go with this top again if I needed another one.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found a great deal on a Revolver X4s on offer up new in the box. $500. Pulled the trigger same day, so I'm okay with compromising a little if needed lol.

nice man.. i searched far and wide for a deal like this but could not find anything before buying mine lol.. great deal for sure!

bounsmith21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody else has had any issues with the Retrax covers freezing and not opening, but I have. This last cold blast and snow make the cover completely inoperable. In the past I have even had the top freeze without snow on it. Sometimes the lock also gets frozen shut.
The Retrax also lets more water in than I would like. I don't think I would go with this top again if I needed another one.
I had the retrax pro xr on my last truck (21 Tundra) and also had water issues with it. It was leaking between the slats. Did like the ability to mount a rack on it and lock it open in different positions. Decided to try the diamondback hd, with the slots for my yakima rack, this time, should be here in a month or so.

dh2002

Reaction score
IMG_3060.jpeg
I have used a Tonnopro Hard fold with every truck I've had. it looks like a soft cover but under the cover is an aluminum cover which prevents people from cutting it open to get into it.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I think the answer to my question is yes. But I would like some confirmation. Will a Diamond Back HD cover from a 2018-2020 model year fit a 2022? I found a 6 month old HD for sale for a pretty good price, but it is coming off a 2019 or 2020 F-150 with the 5.7 bed. From what I can find online it should fit, I am wondering has anyone moved one from a 2020 model to a Gen 3? Thanks in advance.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the answer to my question is yes. But I would like some confirmation. Will a Diamond Back HD cover from a 2018-2020 model year fit a 2022? I found a 6 month old HD for sale for a pretty good price, but it is coming off a 2019 or 2020 F-150 with the 5.7 bed. From what I can find online it should fit, I am wondering has anyone moved one from a 2020 model to a Gen 3? Thanks in advance.
I would say, no. I've seen first hand where a tonneau cover for a '19 didn't fit a '23. However, across a few other forums I've been in, there are accounts of folks that have been lucky and it fits. It would be wise to reach out to the manufacturer of the product for a better idea of the specs of the tonneau cover to be certain.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dig my Pace Edwards which is electric. Has a key fob so it moves with the touch of a button. Only disadvantage is it takes up a small amount of space unlike a Backflip.

scottybs

Reaction score

I’ll play Devils Advocate and say yes, my SyneticUsa retractable is for 04-23. I also have a 16 F150 with a BakFlip MX4 and I’m pretty confident that I swap that to my 23 Raptor. Good luck.