Best tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the answer to my question is yes. But I would like some confirmation. Will a Diamond Back HD cover from a 2018-2020 model year fit a 2022? I found a 6 month old HD for sale for a pretty good price, but it is coming off a 2019 or 2020 F-150 with the 5.7 bed. From what I can find online it should fit, I am wondering has anyone moved one from a 2020 model to a Gen 3? Thanks in advance.
Yes it will fit, I just bought a diamondback HD from a member with a Gen 2 and installed it on my ‘23. Fits fine

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I would say, no. I've seen first hand where a tonneau cover for a '19 didn't fit a '23. However, across a few other forums I've been in, there are accounts of folks that have been lucky and it fits. It would be wise to reach out to the manufacturer of the product for a better idea of the specs of the tonneau cover to be certain.
Thanks, I did reach out to Diamondback and I am waiting for a reply. I appreciate the info. Thanks DFS for confirming it fit. I am gonna grab it.

NetoBR

Reaction score
I had the Truxedo on my F150 and bought a new one for the raptor. It's the Truxedo Sentry CT, same price as the BAKs. Only went with Truxedo because of the previous experience and reading a dealer here in FRF saying the BAKs usually have a bit more returns and fixes. Very easy to install. Took me 25-30 min.

One tip they don't give you is using a tape measure for simmetry and a rubber hammer to push both sides close to the rear windshield in a gentle way.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Bakflip MX4 a few months ago after reading multiple threads on this forum. I am really pleased with it, I’ve had various retractable covers before this.

Install was extremely easy, and it takes less than a minute to loosen the two twist knobs and take the cover out of you need those extra inches up front.

I have a 1,200 mile round trip journey under my belt with the cover up against the window. Drive through lots of wind and was extremely pleased with how secure the cover stayed when it was up.

IMG_6847.jpeg
IMG_6842.jpeg

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the Bakflip MX4 a few months ago after reading multiple threads on this forum. I am really pleased with it, I’ve had various retractable covers before this.

Install was extremely easy, and it takes less than a minute to loosen the two twist knobs and take the cover out of you need those extra inches up front.

I have a 1,200 mile round trip journey under my belt with the cover up against the window. Drive through lots of wind and was extremely pleased with how secure the cover stayed when it was up.

View attachment 445505
View attachment 445508
But you were always wondering what’s going on behind you. Personally I hate those covers when folded up. I want to see out the back window. I changed to a hard roll up cover. Nice bike!

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you were always wondering what’s going on behind you. Personally I hate those covers when folded up. I want to see out the back window. I changed to a hard roll up cover. Nice bike!
Haha the bike is red, you can't talk shit this time!

Maybe I'm in the minority but I never look out my back window. It's tinted so damn dark I can barely see out it any way. I have been pulling enclosed moto trailers all over the country since the day I got my learners permit, so I am pretty locked into the habit of using my sides.

I was between the MX4 and the Revolver - my buddy has the Revolver on his Raptor and swears by it.

scottybs

Reaction score
Haha the bike is red, you can't talk shit this time!

Maybe I'm in the minority but I never look out my back window. It's tinted so damn dark I can barely see out it any way. I have been pulling enclosed moto trailers all over the country since the day I got my learners permit, so I am pretty locked into the habit of using my sides.

I was between the MX4 and the Revolver - my buddy has the Revolver on his Raptor and swears by it.

Heads up for what it’s worth, on my 16 F150 I run an MX4 and the seals have deteriorated enough that it leaks a bit. That being said, I really like my Syneticusa retractable on my 23 Raptor.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A site dedicated to trucks that has been an operation for 10+ years. Yeah. That question has never been asked.

Learntogoogle.com

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Revolver on another truck and went back to the X4S on the new Raptor... The revolver seemed a little flimsy and wasn't as water tight as the X4S. I did like that I could see out the back with the Revolver though... Plus it did sit more flush than the X4S. Both good covers.