Best Security System for 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunDevilRev

Reaction score
NICB doesn’t seem to provide statistics on how many vehicles were stolen with keys, but I would be willing to bet the statistics for late model vehicles directly correlates to a specific vehicle’s abundance rather than its ability to be stolen. Regardless, this was the quote from NICB.org
““The increase in vehicle thefts over the past two years should be a reminder that drivers must do their part to protect their vehicles,” said NICB President and CEO Joe Wehrle. “Anti-theft systems in newer model cars and trucks are excellent, but they don’t work if you don’t use them. Far too many thefts occur because the vehicle is left unlocked and the key or fob is inside. Taking the time to lock it up every time you leave it can save a whole lot of headache and expense in the long run.””

Yep, it blows my mind when people question why their running, unlocked car was "stolen" out of their driveway.

dgilm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was discussing this with a few other members and friends, you definitely need a dash camera.

Just found the Anker Roav on sale on Amazon (https://amzn.to/2N3O8tV). I run this in my Raptor and it is a steal at this price.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the new p/n JS7Z-19A361-A on my 18 as well with no remote start issues. I designed my own bracket to fit the new module and made it much more compact to allow for additional foot clearance. I also installed self-clinching nuts to make the module mounting easier.
You bolted your fabricated plate to what? Is there a place to bolt it into under the dash?
Any long term tips?

Thanks!

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered my truck equipped with SYNC Connect. So basically my thoughts are I would be able to access the truck with the mobile APP, disable and locate it.

Same solution for me, if they somehow get past the ford key system, which I hear they can not, i have the app to locate and turn truck off.

Also if they tow it, i know where it is.

Not sure what any other alarm system can do thats better than that.