Best place to find a Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalanchegrey

Reaction score
I'm
new to the
forum and just starting my Gen1 Raptor search. I've been Googling, Craigslist, etc. I came across USClassifiedsforall.com and founds some "good deals". Googled the site and found it to be a scam. So, just trying to reach out to see if there are some places that are under the radar to find one or just any legit place.

upload_2020-10-2_11-38-28.png

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I looked at over 800 Raptors on -

Facebook Marketplace
CarFax
Car Gurus
Edmunds
KBB
Cars.com
carsdirect.com
Craigslist
jdpower.com
iseecars.com
truecar.com
autotrader.com
autolist.com
carstory.com
lothopper.com
autoboing.com

and about 30 other websites, but those listed were the best.

OP
OP
M

MTC

Reaction score
Saw one Nielsen ford sussex nj great place they work with you on pricing too ordered a 19 in 0ct18 they ordered with no nothing added good folks got my 14 too and they discounted 1000 and threw in factory bedliner

THANKS!! Just took a look at it. Low miles (44K) but a bit higher than my budget ($47k). I'm gonna keep looking!!

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding another vote for Car Gurus. The nationwide search and the amount of filters you can utilize is awesome. Just be sure to do your own Carfax Report because I found that their ‘accidents reported’ and other filters in this category didn’t always match up with other sites when I’d look at specific reports elsewhere.

Also, stay patient. That’s the most important part of this whole deal. I started getting serious in December of last year, played 21 questions with this forum to make up my mind when it came to determining what I wanted and would look almost every day on multiple websites to see what had come onto the market before buying my truck in July. Good luck!

Also, I know where there’s an immaculate 2014 Ruby Red SE with 120K street miles for sale in Las Vegas that isn’t on the market yet, if that peaks your interest!

gjerome1975

Reaction score
Where are you located? I am getting ready to sell my Gen 1. I now2 live in Lytle Creek CA a very small place in the San Gabriel Mountains. Low mileage and never driven off-road.

BMONTES

Reaction score
I looked at over 800 Raptors on -

Facebook Marketplace
CarFax
Car Gurus
Edmunds
KBB
Cars.com
carsdirect.com
Craigslist
jdpower.com
iseecars.com
truecar.com
autotrader.com
autolist.com
carstory.com
lothopper.com
autoboing.com

and about 30 other websites, but those listed were the best.

This is a pretty good list. Just make accounts and save you searches. Take your time, most people have no patience and will jump into anything right away.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
This is a pretty good list. Just make accounts and save you searches. Take your time, most people have no patience and will jump into anything right away.
I spent almost 90 days researching. You are right about being patient. I "bought" 2 Raptors and neither seller would complete the deal. Looking back, I am glad they fell through. The one I ended up with was the best of the bunch, it was perfect!