best mods to keep truck running forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular maintenance. Best to not grasp difficult from the jaws of easy in this situation. Rarely do aftermarket modifications extend the life of the vehicle or reduce maintenance. Some of the best mods to keep it forever is some kind of anti theft device and a good insurance policy. I never assume Ill keep a car forever in Houston, after the years tack on its more likely to be hit by an uninsured motorist with paper plates than actually break down.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do any towing, larger transmission oil cooler, B&M deep transmission oil pan & remote dip stick.
Oil breather catch can on the right bank.
Fuse 27

brink

Reaction score
If ain't broke don't fix it. I only know of few mishaps of a broken valve spring. And there are thousands of 6.2l engines made. I personally have 187k miles on mine and had zero issues. Now I'm praying I didn't jinx myself but anyways you get the point
I had 80k on my truck and one broke. It can happen at any time and if it does it can be curtains for the engine if the valve drops into the cylinder.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 80k on my truck and one broke. It can happen at any time and if it does it can be curtains for the engine if the valve drops into the cylinder.
Yeh, one of the few. Compared to how many of these engines made if in a Raptor or a Super Duty, its pretty good odds it may not happen. Also there is No guarantee just changing them to change them mean it won't happen.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make it harder to steal. The worst thing a Raptor owner can do is bolt on visible things that give scumbags more reasons to steal it, but neglect making it difficult to take. Oh, and let's see the back. Does it have a dovetail cut & tube bumper like the front?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a lot of good information in this thread. I'll add a couple of things I've learned over the years, never rev a cold engine and don't drive hard on a cold transmission, maintanance is the key to longivity. A few lite mods are perfectly OK such as tune, CAI, and exhaust. If you drive like a maniac all the time you're going to break it.