Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The charge temp drop for CVF is real. I live in Florida and had charge air temps over 40 degrees F increase over intake air temperature under boost. When on the gas pedal it was noted that temps would actually rise. I didn’t like that at all. With the CVF the temperatures decrease, many times within 4 degrees F difference of intake air. Tune really helps maximize everything, but even without I would still use the CVF. It will help for sure.

Last edited:

Turbo 6

Reaction score
I’m installing my AMS intercooler this weekend. Can anyone give me some tips? How long should it take? Thanks!

SgtDino

Reaction score
The charge temp drop for CVF is real. I love in Florida and had charge air temps over 40 degrees F increase over intake air temperature under boost. When on the gas pedal it was noted that temps would actually rise. I didn’t like that at all. With the CVF the temperatures decrease, many times within 4 degrees F difference of intake air. Tune really helps maximize everything, but even without I would still use the CVF. It will help for sure.
What about flow? Are we sacrificing an open flowing design for cooler temps?

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about flow? Are we sacrificing an open flowing design for cooler temps?

i don’t see how you would sacrifice flow with any of these Intercoolers. The design is far superior to stock, with bigger units, better inlet and exit tank... seems like a complete win.

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that the difference between the 2 will be negligible. Any good bar and plate OEM replacement IC will be better than the OEM unit, full stop. It is my opinion that the OEM location is shit for airflow which is why an FMIC is preferrable.

My CVF Airflow Looks pretty unobstructed to me.

24A0BD93-095E-4796-997B-8FCB5FB7F3A8.jpeg

E3212B43-95B8-4F50-A1E6-0FCEF25111EF.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not that it's obstructed (except for the fact that that is where the license plate goes) it's the fact that the opening is rather small, especially compared to an FMIC behind the main grill.

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that it's obstructed (except for the fact that that is where the license plate goes) it's the fact that the opening is rather small, especially compared to an FMIC behind the main grill.

really like to see comparison numbers for the charge air temperature “FMIC” vs. Stock FMIC

I'm going for the sleeper look.

Sip

Reaction score
I’ve been asking for this too! I love Cobb but would like to see the Titan v Cobb straight up numbers....