Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my CVFab Titan, but haven’t had a chance to install it yet……
Pretty easy and quick to install, and good quality. Definitely makes a difference in temps and recovery time to cool down. I think you will like the results. Good luck with the install. Extra hands help to hold up the new one on install...But you can do it alone (I did).

DC

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my CVFab Titan, but haven’t had a chance to install it yet……
So has my buddy @JAWSRaptor lol. Waiting to hear the results.
yup same. waiting to install it when i have some free time. It looks nice and high quality. Customer service was also great and they were local for me here in Miami, Florida. Let us know when you install yours.

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup same. waiting to install it when i have some free time. It looks nice and high quality. Customer service was also great and they were local for me here in Miami, Florida. Let us know when you install yours.
Same boat here. Mine arrived also with the hot/cold pipes. Looks awesome, can't wait to get them in!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it wasn’t an 11 minute job like some of the YouTube videos say, but it isn’t a difficult install either. It seems like the truck stays in the power longer up to like 100, and doesn’t fall off like it used to. The acceleration is more linear.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it wasn’t an 11 minute job like some of the YouTube videos say, but it isn’t a difficult install either. It seems like the truck stays in the power longer up to like 100, and doesn’t fall off like it used to. The acceleration is more linear.
Right because with the garbage oem ic IATs climb and keep climbing - even a first pull gets heat soaked and it just gets worse from there. With a good IC you will actually see iat fall during WOT.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whew, that was a long read, but placed my order for a cvf titan, debated between that and whipple, but seems the cvf is damn near close enough in performance, plus i cant find any real world data from the whipple while CVF provides it right up front and while being a good bit cheaper.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the CVF and I don't regret it one bit. Even before I installed my Goosetuned Accessport, I could tell the difference.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the CVF and I don't regret it one bit. Even before I installed my Goosetuned Accessport, I could tell the difference.
good to hear, been havin an itch to do somethin to my truck performance wise while not messing with the warranty too much, think a stock location ic is decently stealthy. What temps are you gettin from ambient? Think mine on hwy in fl is like 30-45* above, which from what im used to isnt terrible, but unlike my svt which pulls timing around 150* iat2, the raptor seems to pull it way earlier.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good to hear, been havin an itch to do somethin to my truck performance wise while not messing with the warranty too much, think a stock location ic is decently stealthy. What temps are you gettin from ambient? Think mine on hwy in fl is like 30-45* above, which from what im used to isnt terrible, but unlike my svt which pulls timing around 150* iat2, the raptor seems to pull it way earlier.

Replacing the IC w/ an aftermarket one that installs & functions the same way as factory has no impact on warranty. Would installing a stronger (or additional) battery void warranty? Would installing a timken wheel bearing instead of fomoco void? Would installing a cat back void warranty?

Negative to all- I think a much more common, obvious, & actually legit reason for a dealer to mess w/ warranty if they wanted to be d***s would be larger 37” tires &/or wheels w/ funky offsets &/or perch style leveling kits.

The huge FMIC’S tho? Obvious “red flag” to the techs & im sure there are also legit issues ford could point to where they’d void for that (altering the grill/shutters, restricting the factory radiator, changing the location of cooler lines etc.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IATs while cruising are meaningless. It’s WOT that matters.