Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the main reason for changing out the shocks was so they could adjust them to suit the offroad environment better. The stock shocks have to feel good on and off road and have zero adjustability. The zero adjustability is most likely because of safety/warranty/liability issues hence why they took out perch adjustments on the Gen 2.

Or....from a business/aftermarket perspective, having a "FREE" perch mod that was extremely popular, was lost business for Ford, unless it was done at a dealer and some labor was earned. Making it non-adjustable stock unlike the gen 1's, but knowing gen 1 guys loved to lift the front end, they can offer a Ford Racing high performance version as an upgrade, and bank coin on selling warrantied ford racing upgrade versions to Raptor owners, and using the upgraded version for this race, allows them to use it to help push why it's a good upgrade for those who want to hardcore offroad. Just like lots of parts in the ford performance parts catalog.

Watch out everyone, Reptard has spoken. Agree with him or subject yourself to verbal diarrhea all over your screen...

The new truck sits lower. I've seen it in person and touched it.

Class 1200 was announced days before the race in Parker. It would be pretty stupid of Ford to have other manufacturers participate. Their main goal, as evidence of this past weekend, is to use the races as marketing material. You better believe there is going to be some nonsense about how it won its stock class of the Mint 400.

Kudos to Ford and Foutz for putting it together and pulling the strings they did. It's good for Ford, the Raptor, Foutz and BITD but don't think for once it means the truck is more capable than the last model.

watch out everyone, bonerstoner has spoken, who doesn't post any factual info, just opinions and heresay and rumors from connections he can't site, with info from them that doesn't match anything else published directly from the horses mouth lol. I've seen the new truck in person and touched it too.....want a cookie? lol

Pretty stupid of ford to have other manuf participate? I bet they'd love it if they did because nobody else has anything that could even compete at the same level. But that's right, it's all a big conspiracy, says *****'s sources :ROFLJest:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Or....from a business/aftermarket perspective, having a "FREE" perch mod that was extremely popular, was lost business for Ford, unless it was done at a dealer and some labor was earned. Making it non-adjustable stock unlike the gen 1's, but knowing gen 1 guys loved to lift the front end, they can offer a Ford Racing high performance version as an upgrade, and bank coin on selling warrantied ford racing upgrade versions to Raptor owners, and using the upgraded version for this race, allows them to use it to help push why it's a good upgrade for those who want to hardcore offroad. Just like lots of parts in the ford performance parts catalog.

watch out everyone, bonerstoner has spoken, who doesn't post any factual info, just opinions and heresay and rumors from connections he can't site, with info from them that doesn't match anything else published directly from the horses mouth lol. I've seen the new truck in person and touched it too.....want a cookie? lol

Pretty stupid of ford to have other manuf participate? I bet they'd love it if they did because nobody else has anything that could even compete at the same level. But that's right, it's all a big conspiracy, says *****'s sources :ROFLJest:

It just spews out of his mouth...full choke.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Stoner had a ***** that was 12 feet long, showed it your mom next door. She thought it was a snake, cut it with a rake and now it's only 6ft 4.

:stoner:

Last edited: