Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Best bike rack

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Motorman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Ryan C

Ryan C Full Access Member

I bought a 1UP rack after a trip to Iceland, where we rode bikes for a week with Icebike Adventures, who used the 1UP racks and claimed that they had tried everything and nothing else lasted like the 1UP racks. I figure if the 1UP racks can withstand the abuse of carrying bikes every day offroad, then they would be hard to beat. Also, I have had other racks that rusted, and the aluminum of the 1UP is a big plus for me.

06z likes this.
  2. EastEndAngler

EastEndAngler Full Access Member

What footpad / rail system are you using?

3. Steve_S

Steve_S Full Access Member

The wait for a 1UP rack was well worth it. Amazing build quality. I’m extremely impressed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Motorman

Motorman Member

Thanks again for all the ideas. Both are Pedego Commuters, and have fenders. So that eliminates a lot of racks. My wife and I aren’t kids so they won’t be going off road, just on bike paths.

5. REMIX

REMIX Full Access Member

I bought a cheap-o $65 hitch rack from Walmart and drove my bike 2,200 miles on it from Florida to northern Indiana and back and it was fine. I use my rack for around town trips, don’t see the point in a $500 rack unless I’m really missing something here.

How do you heave your bikes up above your bed cover like that? I’d be worried about a tire scratching the fenders while trying to lift it. Knowing me I’d totally forget its back there and try to drive into my garage.

6. Damien Macaluso

Damien Macaluso Member

Agreed. 1up absolutely the best. I've got a garage of 10 bikes and have had mine for 8 years Don't waste your time and money on anything else

Doubleb21 likes this.
  7. dreys

dreys Full Access Member

From today's trip

20201115_101650.jpg

8. lawdog

lawdog Full Access Member

I bought a single bed pad from Mictuning for my M2S electric mountain bike last week just to try it out...not too bad. Was kind of a pain because of the size of the e-bike, but I bungeed it to the side/to the bed extender, and it stayed in place for 50+ miles pretty well, including over some bumpy dirt roads at the end. Much easier than a regular rack for that kind of bike and obviously no pulling existing trailer hitch/ball.

9. dreys

dreys Full Access Member

Be careful with those 40lbs+ ebikes. They're okay to pedal up, but very dangerous when going down. Very difficult to control on steep trails, especially when you want to make a tight turn but the thing goes straight because how heavy it is.

10. lawdog

lawdog Full Access Member

I don't do much with it other than ride on the street and some dirt roads on a farm, to/from a deer stand. Very pleased with it overall, but no hardcore trail riding. Like the golf cart, its battery life takes big hit when its wet/muddy out and you're riding offroad...rolling resistance goes WAY up.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020