BEST Air Intake For the 6.2L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get better fuel economy at 5,000 feet than I do at sea level. And I'm not talking about one instance, either. I have climbed in Colorado for the past 6 years, and I have observed this peculiar fuel economy thing every trip.

"Oxygen makes up about 21% of Dry Air so with less density we have less oxygen." Huh? The composition of air changes depending upon altitude? Naaaa. The percent of oxygen is uniform regardless of altitude. (You said "%.") I think you're probably talking about partial pressure, but up until now I thought only divers concerned themselves with that due to nitrogen narcosis concerns.

Last edited:

Flagg

Reaction score
Can we get back to which CAI is defined as better. I am looking at the Corsa... just trying to get the best fit and finish with out hurting the engine long term. My truck already has the SW header back exhaust with a STC custom tune on a dyno. Just looking for the next step up.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can we get back to which CAI is defined as better. I am looking at the Corsa... just trying to get the best fit and finish with out hurting the engine long term. My truck already has the SW header back exhaust with a STC custom tune on a dyno. Just looking for the next step up.

Mine has the same. And the best CAI for the raptor is the one currently on it. My dyno sheet sees practically the same as those with a different intake.

Additionally, the are not any issues when off-roading.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Powercore Volant and love it. The only downside to it is the fit and finish is a little on the poor side. The lid to the box barely lines up but that was it. Much louder than the stock set up but I like it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398643168.808549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
y2emu2ej.jpg

I put an airaid syntha-flow in my 13'. Love the sound. Not sure if my mileage or horsepower went up. Could be because I put my foot in it more to here the sound of the engine though lol

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there are only 2 models for our trucks made by airaid. One is the oiled filter and the other is the dry filter. I went with the dry filter which they call syntha flow... I don't know the model number off the top of my head.