Do you have to remove the Whipple to replace the 16 spark plug's in GEN 1 6.2L Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my coils as a couple are arcing. Does the arcing cause any damage that should be extremely concerning or is it kinda get to it when you can?
That part I do not know. I've just been trying to sort out my misfire issues and this was on the list for maintenance and a possible issue.

How did you find out your coils are arcing? Check engine?

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intake tube and throttle body had to come out to access the 5 cylinder coil/plug. Some of the pills wouldn't come out due to corrosion. I had to swap the new coil pills with the 0 ohm pills from he Granatelli wires. As mentioned otherwise, tools were clutch (I needed double X extended pliers to reach one of the lower plugs).

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpeg
    IMG_3350.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3367.jpeg
    IMG_3367.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 10

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That part I do not know. I've just been trying to sort out my misfire issues and this was on the list for maintenance and a possible issue.

How did you find out your coils are arcing? Check engine?
No, I haven’t had any CEL, but I haven’t plugged it in to check for codes either.

I heard a ticking and searching here helped me track down the possible arcing issue. I ended up taking a video at night and that’s how I found out it was arcing.