What are the best fitting headers for the 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.2 with a whipple on it. I want to free up some HP and that beautiful sound.

I've run headers on my old 06 GTOs. I always used Kooks but I got them second hand off facebook and craigslist. They fit perfectly. You had to remove the steering shaft and feed it through the headers because of the design. Kooks doesn't make a stepped header for the raptors.

Its between Kooks and Stainless Works. Stainless works appears to be cheaper by a lot. On GTOs both fit and finish is spot on but I'm new to the raptor world. What fits the best? Also need to be running cats. I'm concerned about aftermarket cats getting blown out because of the supercharger.

I won't be doing these right now because I'll do them at the same time I do the 6.6L swap down the road. I'll be running a custom cat back - I want to keep it mild. So its borla catback or a custom setup using a Borla 400500 muffler. I have that muffler on my bronco with headers and its pretty quiet. I love the muffler.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak from experience yet… but I was eventually going to go with SW. They had a good reputation in the LS community, and I noticed a lot of raptor builds running them. I’m sure either would work fine, but I just felt my “gut” tell me to go SW.

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, I ran SW headers and true dual exhaust On my 2010. Not an easy install but doable with jackstands. Fit was perfect, loud as hell with the S tube mufflers, especially cold starts. As an aside, I did not get them ceramic coated, they are far down in the engine bay where you can hardly see them and heat coming off of them was never an issue.

OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll go with stainless works. I'll probably do a custom catback using a Borla 400500 muffler. I have one on my bronco and it keeps it pretty quiet.