BEST Air Intake For the 6.2L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTruckn

Reaction score
What's the best intake configuration to buy for the 6.2L? I've been doing research and there are multiple great air intakes out there, but I'm intrigued by the Volant air intake system. I've pretty much settled on a closed air intake design.

From what I understand they have a unique filter design that nobody else in the market has called a PowerCore air filter. Supposedly this filter is no maintenance and good for over 100,000 miles and I believe these air filters were originally commissioned on the Hummers back in the day, but don't quote me on that. It looks absolutely nothing like the traditional cone shaped filters from K&N, Air Raid etc.

Has anyone on the board purchased one of the CAI systems? If so what type of luck and performance have you had with it?

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Volant was recently purchased by Corsa so at the moment availability of the Volant intake kits are spotty.

Corsa has released their new version of the Volant intake under the Corsa name. The Corsa/Volant is definitely a quality and effective intake system for the Raptor.

We typically start by recommending the aFe Stage II with optional lid. The aFe is less expensive and you do have the option of the 3 aFe style filters or you can also retrofit a PowerCore filter on the aFe as well.

If you want the "best", either the aFe or the Volant/Corsa have been shown to improve HP and TQ on the dyno, particularly when coupled with a custom tune.

The Volant/Corsa in my opinion edges out the aFe in overall styling, but the aFe is just as effective for nearly half the price.

The decision is yours based on your goals for styling and budget.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Here is the thread where we took the time to outline each of the available options. Let us know if you'd like to learn of availability and forum pricing on any of the kits. We can also offer a package deal with an SCT tuner with 5 custom tunes from 5 Star Tuning. :cheers:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f227/ford-raptor-intake-catalog-gotexhaust-com-28584/

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Volant was recently purchased by Corsa so at the moment availability of the Volant intake kits are spotty.

Corsa has released their new version of the Volant intake under the Corsa name. The Corsa/Volant is definitely a quality and effective intake system for the Raptor.

We typically start by recommending the aFe Stage II with optional lid. The aFe is less expensive and you do have the option of the 3 aFe style filters or you can also retrofit a PowerCore filter on the aFe as well.

If you want the "best", either the aFe or the Volant/Corsa have been shown to improve HP and TQ on the dyno, particularly when coupled with a custom tune.

The Volant/Corsa in my opinion edges out the aFe in overall styling, but the aFe is just as effective for nearly half the price.

The decision is yours based on your goals for styling and budget.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Here is the thread where we took the time to outline each of the available options. Let us know if you'd like to learn of availability and forum pricing on any of the kits. We can also offer a package deal with an SCT tuner with 5 custom tunes from 5 Star Tuning. :cheers:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f227/ford-raptor-intake-catalog-gotexhaust-com-28584/

So let me understand......does Corsa still make their own unit and Volant still make theirs or is there just one "corsa/volant" unit now? Is it the same as the current Volant unit? Frankly, I hate it when these companies purchase each other and mix up their products.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So let me understand......does Corsa still make their own unit and Volant still make theirs or is there just one "corsa/volant" unit now? Is it the same as the current Volant unit? Frankly, I hate it when these companies purchase each other and mix up their products.

To be honest I'm not sure who or how they are each making their products now. I just know that Volant was purchased by Corsa and there is virtually no difference between the two intakes besides the color and brand name.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure who or how they are each making their products now. I just know that Volant was purchased by Corsa and there is virtually no difference between the two intakes besides the color and brand name.

OK thanks............I am sure that won't last for long. Volant used to use a Donaldson filter which in my opinion is the best out there. I hope Corsa doesn't stop that decision.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone sell the aFe intake WITH ONLY the Donaldson Powercore? I've seen several vendors that offer the Powercore as an additional upgrade, but I'm looking for the intake with only the Powercore and not any of the standard aFe filters.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are any of these filters that much better than the stock setup with a K&N drop in filter?