BedTred? Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BedTred by Bedrug.

Basically for those of us that are scared of a spray in liner :peace:

The old version velcro'd each piece to each other; the newer version apparently has coated zippers. Either way not a bad idea.

So, anyone used one?

I typically just run a rubber bedmat, but it would be nice to have some sidewall and front bulkhead protection.

I'm putting this under a Bakflip F1; but I don't want to run a bedmat. I'd rather have the rubber surface.

Would love to hear from some owners if we have any here :waytogo:

Heme61

Reaction score
Don't be scared of the spray in I put it on all my trucks......just make sure your guy preps the bed properly...my Rhino guy hand sands the bed with an air sander, blows it out then acetones the whole thing.....that shit will never come off peel or what ever.......I prefer it over linex for the bed.....it has a 1/4 rubber like compound for the bed and has a bit more noise dampening effect.....I like linex for the wheel wells and stuff....

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Waiting for Bedtred

I will be getting the bedtred as soon as I get my Bakflip 1 paid off! You can get a free sample of both the bedtred and bedrug on thier website. I like the spray on look of the bedtred and the fact you can remove it and go back to your stock bed unlike permanent spray-ons. My vote is for the bedtred :waytogo:

Raptor2010

Reaction score
I have had the bed tread for about 8 months now and love it. Spill anything on it and it wipes off just fine. It take a lot of abuse. Looks just like a spray in liner. You'll like it. Plus it's soft enough when you kneel on it , it won't hurt your knees.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not doing a spray in. I know when done "right" they're good, but I've seen way too many fail, fade, peel, etc. etc. If it was an all-out work truck, yeah I'd go with that.

Right now I can get the old-style velcro Bedtred for 170 less than the newer zipper-type. After looking at them, the Zipper seems like something they should have done day one to begin with.

Who's got them the cheapest? 385 is the best I can find.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as not getting a spray... to do it right, it becomes very permanent. I don't trust anything to last the life of the truck. I'd rather get something I can rip out and replace if need be.

Bought the Bedtred. Don't regret it. Fairly easy to install, but it takes a bit of patience to get it 'right' with all the velcro involved.

Also, the updated version has zippers @ the bottom all around the bed floor piece. I used Gorilla tape to tape over all the zippers to keep them from scratching the paint.

It looks great installed. I also put the Bakflip F1 on at the same time. Just have to make sure the rails are pushed as far forward as they can be because the Bedtred thickness pushes them rearward a bit.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
On Order

I ordered the Bedtred on Saturday and it's suppose to ship on 5/19, once I recieve it I plan on posting a video/pictures of the install for anyone interested.

ultmtdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always used a spray, until now, decided to give the bedtread a try. Love it. Easy on the knees for the kids and the pads for the dog. My friends thought I had a spray on. Took about an hour and a half to put it in, looks great. Have used it for trips to the beach and the woods, holding up great. Will be putting on my BakFlip F1 as soon as it arrives.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The install is really easy overall.

You *CAN* use the bed extender assembly with BedTred. You will have to use a Dremel and some patience to start your holes in the rear. I used a pointed abrasive cone to set my holes; then used a 3/8" drill and 7/8" abrasive point to ream through the BedTred. Leaves a nice clean looking hole.

With the bed extender folded you will have to remove the rubber-stopper feet (this is with it flipped inward; in the truck bed). Because the BT is just thick enough to raise the assembly to where the slide-lock pins won't engage. But pop the them off and it's perfect.

I will post pics, but buy two properly sized fender-washers to place between the BT and cargo extender footings. This will keep the footings from collapsing as you tighten the bolts and binding the unit.

For those using the BT material WITH a BakFlip F1, make sure your F1 rails are pushed as far forward, towards the cab as you can get them. The BT pushes them rearward a little.

I had to trim the upper, rear edges of the BT on the side panels where it would tuck under the bedrails in the rear. This is because when you clamp the F1 rails down, they pull the bedrail a little and you lose your little gap that's needed to tuck the BT material into. Had to trim maybe 1/8" or so right off the top edge. Not hard to do, but it keeps the BT from wrinkling up/buckling right there.

I am running the tailgate cover piece; so the F1 seal isn't perfect right there and lets a small amount of water in. Again, it's a tiny amount that barely runs down the inside of the gate since the BT is textured. But it's sealed really well.

Definitely install some extra velco down the left and right sides of the tailgate BT piece. They only run it on the top and bottom, but run some down the sides too.

I also ran a tailgaite seal strip across the bottom to keep dust/dirt from blowing upward there. I didn't run it down the sides of the gate because I wasn't getting any water intrusion.