Beadlock rings - powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD06

Reaction score
That's weird, The true bead locks from FP are 200.00 each. Did you by the true BL? or the beauty rings that come stock?
I would thing the BR would be less then the TBL?
I was wondering if you could just remove the BR and send that off to powder coat and still drive the truck as the BR does nothing to the tire, the bead is set to the inside. With the TBL the bead is set to the outside and you have to lock in with the ring.

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's weird, The true bead locks from FP are 200.00 each. Did you by the true BL? or the beauty rings that come stock?
I would thing the BR would be less then the TBL?
I was wondering if you could just remove the BR and send that off to powder coat and still drive the truck as the BR does nothing to the tire, the bead is set to the inside. With the TBL the bead is set to the outside and you have to lock in with the ring.

You know I am not sure now that you say that. I'm gonna have to call him Monday and may change my order. I didn't get that great of a deal anyway because they are available online at that price everywhere. Here is the part I ordered (which I think is the same as the original one):

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/hl3z1021a

Looking at the pic above, there are definitely more bolts in the true beadlock compared to the beauty ring. So I assume there are threaded holes all around the wheel to accept them.

Let me ask this, is it possible to put the beadlock ring on without breaking the bead if you only want it for appearance? Effectively using it as a beauty ring and making it direct swap without the full functionality of the beadlock? Dumb question but I don't know exactly how they work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD06

Reaction score
You know I am not sure now that you say that. I'm gonna have to call him Monday and may change my order. I didn't get that great of a deal anyway because they are available online at that price everywhere. Here is the part I ordered (which I think is the same as the original one):

Ring - Wheel Trim | Genuine Ford | HL3Z-1021-A : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com

Looking at the pic above, there are definitely more bolts in the true beadlock compared to the beauty ring. So I assume there are threaded holes all around the wheel to accept them.

Let me ask this, is it possible to put the beadlock ring on without breaking the bead if you only want it for appearance? Effectively using it as a beauty ring and making it direct swap without the full functionality of the beadlock? Dumb question but I don't know exactly how they work.

Without a picture on Tasca its hard to tell. I bet there are a bunch of people interested in running the BL ring as a trim ring because they may not me going to do any extreme off road that would require airing down.

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think the part number I posted is definitely the beauty ring. Here is the link and part number to the beadlock ring:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15RB

So the only question I have is could I just simply unbolt the OEM beauty ring and bolt this on without breaking the bead or making the beadlock fully functional. If Anyone has any info on how these work, it would be greatly appreciated.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think the part number I posted is definitely the beauty ring. Here is the link and part number to the beadlock ring:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15RB

So the only question I have is could I just simply unbolt the OEM beauty ring and bolt this on without breaking the bead or making the beadlock fully functional. If Anyone has any info on how these work, it would be greatly appreciated.

The 2017-? Beadlock should be very similar to the 2010-2014 beadlock wheels where you can utilize the beauty ring or the beadlock ring without actually using the tire and wheel in a beadlock configuration. Just slap the beadlock ring on and go. If you wanted to utilize a beadlock configuration, you would air down and pull the flange of the outer tire to the outside flange of the wheel and clamp the tire flange with the beadlock ring.

Take a look at the past instructions from the G1 and it should hopefully make sense.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-1007-DC1785.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will be a large gap between the ring and the tire if you use the true bealock ring. It will functions but look like ****

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

There will be a large gap between the ring and the tire if you use the true bealock ring. It will functions but look like ****

Oh man I didn't think about that. Well I may stick with original plan then. I just want a silver colored ring to contrast with all the black like they looked on my 2014 beadlocks. Thanks for all the input guys

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point @Huck

Here's a picture of the wheel with the beadlock ring sans tire on the G1 wheels for reference. With the tire in the inside flange it would be a large, weird gap.

6b3410ee3c5b6773880a356633a5b192.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point @Huck

Here's a picture of the whee with the beadlock ring sans tire on the G1 wheels for reference. With the tire in the inside flange it would be a large, weird gap.

6b3410ee3c5b6773880a356633a5b192.jpg

Good call on this guys. Thanks for saving me a bunch of money and hassle. I think the powder coated beauty rings will do the trick.