Beadlock rings - powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Beauty rings off to the powder coater....driving around ringless! Should have them back on by Friday and will post pics ASAP....

0E17A582-D284-4954-8BA3-2C0649569F89.jpg

How much they charging you? Just got quoted $25 per for true beadlock rings (gen 1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color you doing???

A Metallic silver, similar to the color on my Gen 1 and almost an exact match to the Ford hubcap

How much they charging you? Just got quoted $25 per for true beadlock rings (gen 1)

I got the same quote, but also decided to go with a powder coat clear on top for extra protection, so it brought my price to $40 each...$160 out the door.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Metallic silver, similar to the color on my Gen 1 and almost an exact match to the Ford hubcap

I got the same quote, but also decided to go with a powder coat clear on top for extra protection, so it brought my price to $40 each...$160 out the door.

take the time to do the one on the spare too, i know from experience

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I had no idea that there was a full rim with beauty ring as the spare...I figured it was an ugly, different version. There's actually a full rim with a beauty ring under the bed?

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spare is a full on matching spare with trim ring and all.

i would go with the gorilla lug nuts as well, dont know about gen 2 but the stockers on gen 1 were those two piece things that get screwed up pretty quickly (seeing crash's mod list reminded me)

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point @Huck

Here's a picture of the wheel with the beadlock ring sans tire on the G1 wheels for reference. With the tire in the inside flange it would be a large, weird gap.

6b3410ee3c5b6773880a356633a5b192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the gap would be all that noticeable since the tire bulges out and may not make the gap appear so wide...but that's just me thinking out loud. The true BL rings look way better than the beauty rings, but at $200/wheel, I'm not going that route. I'm not a fan of how far under the truck they sit. I'd like to go about an inch more offset....but not quite as far out as the Methods sit. In hindsight, I prob shouldn't have spent the extra for the beadlocks....but they're the better choice of the 2 available wheels.