Beadlock rings - powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, day two of having my new Raptor and I am loving it!! So I had the beadlock rims on my '14 as well, but the outer ring was silver. I liked the contrast of the silver on the black. The rings on the '17 are dark grey, look lighter at times, but mostly blend in with the black rims. To me, the black tire, black ring and black rim is just too monochromatic.

So, I ordered a new set of 4 four rings to send off to powder coat. Trying to decide on silver, or maybe even something closer to the Avalanche Gray paint. Just wondering if anyone else had considered doing this or had already done so.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, day two of having my new Raptor and I am loving it!! So I had the beadlock rims on my '14 as well, but the outer ring was silver. I liked the contrast of the silver on the black. The rings on the '17 are dark grey, look lighter at times, but mostly blend in with the black rims. To me, the black tire, black ring and black rim is just too monochromatic.

So, I ordered a new set of 4 four rings to send off to powder coat. Trying to decide on silver, or maybe even something closer to the Avalanche Gray paint. Just wondering if anyone else had considered doing this or had already done so.

Funny you brought this up. I'm thinking the same thing. I took a picture of the true bead lock ring from ford. I'm thinking a silver for my white truck...

919d1f3e2bbb05ed0cdab41fc6a6702b.jpg

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those come silver already? I may just cancel my order and use those instead. I think I'll end up going silver anyway. Have a part number by chance?

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they just bolt on?

Yes just bolt on. The problem with these beadlock rings you need to break the bead to install these. I don't think it is DOT legal at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Do those come silver already? I may just cancel my order and use those instead. I think I'll end up going silver anyway. Have a part number by chance?

Yes they come silver. Don't have a part number yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will paint the outer bead portion. Of course, I will first need to take delivery of this truck.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Sota SSD's on my 17 and I'm having the beadlock rings powder coated gunmetal gray. We've found a color that's very close to the flares, trim of the truck. I'm also swapping all of the stainless bolts out with black bolts. I think the changes are subtle but in my opinion will look much better on my AG truck.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP I've been thinking about doing the exact thing. Buying spare rings and powder coating them a lighter color. I like the look of the true bead lock ring in a lighter color but they are t recommend for the street and honestly why go through all of the trouble to use a true bead lock.

How much were the stock rings?

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They list at about 200 each, I get a great hookup from my dealer and got them for $149 each. So unfortunately this wont be a cheap project, but they will be very unique and wll really look good on the AG I think.