Beadlock/CF orders getting pulled 02/01 forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snakedriver

Reaction score
If the BL&CF make my order take longer it may be good because of the quality control issues so far.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered mine on 11/18 with bl & cf

build date 1/12

arrived at the dealer on 2/4

Luck of the draw and the right dealer who has pull with the Zone Rep. Can we have a picture of the CF.....or it didn't happen :)
Congrats !!!

For the rest of you...... I played golf with my Ford Zone Rep and I talked him into sharing the formula Ford uses to decide who gets CF and BL. Here it is:

Attachments

• Fords-Allocation-Formula.png
    Fords-Allocation-Formula.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luck of the draw and the right dealer who has pull with the Zone Rep. Can we have a picture of the CF.....or it didn't happen :)
Congrats !!!

For the rest of you...... I played golf with my Ford Zone Rep and I talked him into sharing the formula Ford uses to decide who gets CF and BL. Here it is:

I've already said it once, but I'm fairly certain your golf buddy only gave you the abbreviated formula. I'd press him for the whole thing at next game time.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I've already said it once, but I'm fairly certain your golf buddy only gave you the abbreviated formula. I'd press him for the whole thing at next game time.

I ordered July 28, thinking you and I had to be some of the first ordered and last recieved? I got my truck last Friday after 7mos.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered July 28, thinking you and I had to be some of the first ordered and last recieved? I got my truck last Friday after 7mos.

Yeah, unfortunately I'll have you easily beat. I ordered July 30th, and remain unscheduled clean. Last communication with dealer said, "Ford is finally bucking parts for your truck...."--that was last week. Dealer went on to say to expect my truck in another 9-10 weeks. So, as I was just telling someone, if that is true, I will easily be in the top 1% of worst-case-scenario lengthy waits--around 10 months. A decidedly unsavory distinction.

Last edited:

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I'll have you easily beat. I ordered July 30th, and remain unscheduled clean. Last communication with dealer said, "Ford is finally bucking parts for your truck...."--that was last week. Dealer went on to say to expect my truck in another 9-10 weeks. So, as I was just telling someone, if that is true, I will easily be in the top 1% of worst-case-scenario lengthy waits--around 10 months. A decidedly unsavory distinction.

If it means anything, you will not be disappointed! Gen 2 is way different then the gen 1, awesome power, nav, ride, interior, all better! Oh and 4 mpg better and not broken in.

bdubs

Reaction score
My dealer told me the same thing.

Another user built a search engine for Gen2 Raptor VIN's which works really well. I was able to select all of my options and it found my VIN. If you use the search engine to strictly search for Raptors with Beadlock wheels the most recent build date for a Gen 2 Raptor with beadlock wheels is 2/17.....

Here is the link to the other thread.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/list-raptor-vins-w-specs-52856/

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use the search engine to strictly search for Raptors with Beadlock wheels the most recent build date for a Gen 2 Raptor with beadlock wheels is 2/17.....

Keep in mind that info is based on the Ford ETIS system which isn't super up-to-date. It doesn't seem to show a build date until that build date has passed. And most of the builds from 2/18-2/20 haven't been populated which specs yet so there's no way to know which will have the BL wheels.

One thing that can be said with some certainty is that in the first few weeks of February there have been 1024 built without the BL wheels and 575 with. They are getting built, but no way to know how much of a backlog there is.

If you want to get really complicated and make the assumption that the VIN numbers are assigned once an order gets pulled you can then look at the trucks being built now and compare the VIN values (the last 6 digits give you the sequence) of the ones with beadlocks and the ones without. Based on an average value of those VINs you can see pretty clearly that the ones being built now with beadlocks have much lower VIN values and are thus older assignments.

So, with a lot of unnecessary data analysis we can very confidently say what we've all known for awhile -- having beadlocks extends your build date.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ordered July 25th nothing yet. My dealer is doing everything they can to get me my truck delivered the way i ordered it, with cf and bl. He thinks it won't be long. :-/

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it means anything, you will not be disappointed! Gen 2 is way different then the gen 1, awesome power, nav, ride, interior, all better! Oh and 4 mpg better and not broken in.

Thanks warrior! My dealer texted me just a few hours ago and said I have a build date of March 20th--finally!! So, it's a ways off, but suddenly seems like a real proposition, officially moving out of that unscheduled clean status. Getting excited :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Ordered July 25th nothing yet. My dealer is doing everything they can to get me my truck delivered the way i ordered it, with cf and bl. He thinks it won't be long. :-/

I hope not, not too much longer, that is awful. If we followed the advice of some, we would have thrown in the towel and either tried to source other stock units in some far distant state, or hopped on the list for a 2018. Either action I would not criticize. But, like you, I've hung in there for my order. And just got a build date, so stay hopeful.