Bead lock lugs different color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgt1031

Reaction score
I’m going to switch over to the bead lock wheels. Are the lugs a different color or finish from the standard wheel lugs? I can’t tell in the photos. thanks!

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lugs on my 2019 with bead lock wheels are chrome. Prior years might be different. I don't think it makes any difference, just run what you like best.

2019 Raptor RF 6x4.jpg
Click the photo for full size

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 had chrome looking lug nuts on the factory BL forged wheels...and they suck...Why?....cause they are steel with a thin SS sheet metal crimped over the nut and when removing them the sheet metal deforms slightly, not much but enough to hang stuck in the socket which get F'ing old...you can see the dents in the sheet metal when you get the nut out of the socket..
Replaced ALL my OE lugnuts with aftermarket nuts with no crimped on sheet metal....

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lug nuts on my 19 are solid steel, probably chrome plated, no stainless caps on them. I've had experience with both and both have their advantages. Cheap chrome plated lug nuts rust badly whereas those with stainless caps last a long time. If buying chrome plated lug nuts, buy quality, otherwise they are a waste of money. If you have the stainless caps, use the proper size socket on them or they'll deform and give you problems. The Raptor uses 19mm lug nuts. An SAE socket might fit but won't be quite right.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 18 has beadlocks & the lugs are the same as the standard wheels - not great quality IMO b/c as other mentioned prone to deform/strip & swell. I know they're the exact same b/c I purchased a set of base 17" wheels to mount my snow tires on & the person I bought them from included the original lug nuts - which I am now running. On my OEM beadlock wheels after accidentally stripping 1 of the nuts a bit (my fault inadvertently used incorrect sized socket that was for a prior GM truck) & also disliking the contrast of my black on black Raptor w/ dark grey/black beadlocks I purchased a set of Mcgard black lugnuts. They're longer so easier to get a good grip on them for removal & they are guaranteed not to rust. Better than gorilla.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
My 2018 had chrome looking lug nuts on the factory BL forged wheels...and they suck...Why?....cause they are steel with a thin SS sheet metal crimped over the nut and when removing them the sheet metal deforms slightly, not much but enough to hang stuck in the socket which get F'ing old...you can see the dents in the sheet metal when you get the nut out of the socket..
Replaced ALL my OE lugnuts with aftermarket nuts with no crimped on sheet metal....
Black Gorilla locking nuts FTW. Got a set for a f250 off amazon so I would have extra.