Battery Life Expectancy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tominphx

Reaction score
Just wondering what others experience has been?
Mine is an 2018 Scab not a lot of electronic options, live in Arizona but spend summers on the Oregon and Washington coasts.
Only experience with AGM batteries was on my travel trailer, still running strong after 6 years when i sold it.
So what's your experience?

jdholder

Reaction score
I just replaced my 2017 AGM with 100k miles. It failed the 12.7v test and I was getting random CAN bus errors, but it would still start the truck.

I may not have needed to replace it, but I was trying to limit those CAN BUS errors.

OP
OP
T

tominphx

Reaction score
Thanks......
58K on mine, no starting issues or error codes.
Just trying to avoid having to replace it while traveling in the middle of nowhere.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my 2018 w 91,000+ miles on mine and recently started having issues. It is getting replaced at the dealership while they are doing the cam phasers the 2nd time......

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just replaced mine at 4.5 years and 50,000 miles

You know it is getting time to replace when the auto start stop never kicks in at stop lights. the battery won't take enough charge for that to function.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Scab. Battery date of manufacture was 12/2016. Over 6 years old with no issues but I replaced it for peace of mind when in the middle of nowhere.