Are the Gen 3's an overall Quality Issue? Prior Gen 2 owner, considering bailing on order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
2022 with roughly 8500 miles. Had the front camera go bad, the driver's seat leather crease and some light exhaust rattle. Camera was replaced under warranty, so no biggie there. The other issues I've pretty much forgotten about at this point. Got a Ford ESP extended warranty for 8 years 100,00 miles premium care, all for $1,500. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Go in with the expectation that you may use the warranty at some point(that's what it's for), and don't stress about it. Comparing the Raptor to a BMW, is kind of laughable. BMW's, regardless of the inevitable exceptions, have their spotty reliability rep for a reason.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2022 Raptor 37pp with every option but sunroof n tailgate. I've had ZERO issues. Just the seat bottom plastics needing some felt tape.

My 21 Tremor F150 was a different story... trans, engine, fit n finish inside n out and random electrical issues.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is having a bad audible/tactile rattle or vibration at idle that doesn't seem to be the exhaust rattle that some suffer, but it only has 300 miles so far so hoping it disappears. Otherwise, I love the truck.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '23 feels great and has been issue free, I was really stressed about the reliability/ QC on these but it's been great. My seats show much more wear than my Gen2 but that's not really an issue for me. Otherwise it's been great

enjoitheride

Reaction score
My '23 feels great and has been issue free, I was really stressed about the reliability/ QC on these but it's been great. My seats show much more wear than my Gen2 but that's not really an issue for me. Otherwise it's been great
Which seats do you have? Showing wear already on a ‘23?

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If QC is your concern, stay away from any vehicle from 21-23 lol. I was looking at many different trucks from TRX to a TRD pro Tundra. Every thing I drove and checked had issues and the trucks weren’t even sold yet. The raptor was the best decision I made. May there be issues down the line, sure, is it bulletproof, no. I’ve had 2 issues with my 2022. One is the HVAC randomly stopped working on a road trip, quick 20min reset and hasn’t happened since, and then a throttle cut/bog situation while off-roading that was actually my fault. (Even in Baja mode, alltrac will kick on) I never fully turned off TC.

Pick your poison, but my gen 3 is the nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned and I have zero regrets.

Attachments

• 6043A372-1D87-457F-A8A9-85D9DD667CB0.jpeg
    6043A372-1D87-457F-A8A9-85D9DD667CB0.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 25
  • FC57EA76-26BC-4E1E-B278-6F7E5395F11E.jpeg
    FC57EA76-26BC-4E1E-B278-6F7E5395F11E.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 26

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if what you’re claiming is even remotely true, it was damaged in transit. That’s not a manufacturing defect.

Link? VIN? Why would someone buy a damaged vehicle for $10k over MSRP?

No executive is going to waste their time on some nobody like yourself who has nothing to offer other than complaints about a vehicle they didn’t buy. Transport damage can happen regardless of brand, they’re all shipped by truck through the same companies.
Hi @FordTechOne.

Mr. Ford Executive called today and apologized on behalf of Ford. He offered me a new allocation and the dealer of my choice along with MSRP price protection from my original order. My new dealer submitted my order today. My allocation was moved up in line by Ford and pending any commodity constraints should be here by March-April. You never no unless you try. Troll on...

Attachments

• raporder.jpg
    raporder.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 31