Base Camp Durango - The Million Dollar Hwy, Silverton and Ouray...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Base Camp Durango...One of my favorite areas in our Amazing Country to 4X4 and 4XFoot. I have been going there for 20+ years. I have, of course, way to many pictures to share with ya'll. I hope it inspires a few more of us to get our Raptors out there and enjoy this Incredible area. I know many other FRF members have enjoyed this area in their travels. Please feel free to dig through your photos and Drop some here. Some of my shots will be Pre-Raptor in my Jeep, @jzweedyk has been going there for years too. Hopefully Jim will share some of his too. I can't find my Black Bear Pass shots, but Jim has some beautiful ones of Black Bear in his Jeep.
Enjoy and get on out there.....Every Man Dies, but not every Man Really Lives...Brave HeartIMGP1879.JPGIMGP1614.JPGIMGP1615.JPGIMGP1617.JPGIMGP1618.JPG

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
THE DEADLY SNOW BRIDGES...One thing I feared when I Snowshoed was Snow Bridges! This a good example of one, although you can clearly see the river under the snow bridge in this case. The problem happens when you walk across an unstable one, fall through and are swept away to your death.
Sadly, this exact scenario, took the life of Back-Country Ranger Randy Morgensen and initiated the Largest SAR mission in the history of the National Park Service at that time. It took them almost 2 years to figure it out. THE LAST SEASON, tells the entire story. A fantastic read if you are looking for a "Can't put down" book.

IMGP1619.JPGIMGP1620.JPGIMGP1625.JPGIMGP1626.JPGIMGP1627.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter