BAK Roll-X Install and Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Really! Wow!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

We will see Nick!

Yeah ill just bring it to HITH with me you can have it. PM me if serious

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hot Damn. Thanks again Andy. Really means a lot!

Fred

Morrie is the real hero here. Without his generosity and faith in me I would never have the opportunity to hook another quality FRF member up with a free Roll-X. And don't worry, I use the term "quality" loosely. Very loosely. ;).

Pokyoky

Reaction score
I bought a roll-x from Morrie a couple weeks ago. Mine is a hybrid i guess between old and new, i have the the 2 bolts on each side at the front and the old thumb screws and seal at the tailgate.

I am liking the roll-x a lot, looks great. Doesn't seem to be as strong as my old f1, the roll-x bounces when you hit it with the palm of your hand whereas the f1 was pretty solid. I would be afraid to put much on top of it.

I also like the almost full length latching mechanism however i do have a bit over a 1/4"(7mm) of space between the cover and the edge of the rails. It seems a bit much and has allowed one side to partially come loose from the latch. I am thinking about trying to find something about 2mm thick to put behind the rails to tighten up that tolerance a bit.

Also thinking that a bungy cord from the thumb screw down to cargo tie down would probably make it stay latched better off road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I bought a roll-x from Morrie a couple weeks ago. Mine is a hybrid i guess between old and new, i have the the 2 bolts on each side at the front and the old thumb screws and seal at the tailgate.

I am liking the roll-x a lot, looks great. Doesn't seem to be as strong as my old f1, the roll-x bounces when you hit it with the palm of your hand whereas the f1 was pretty solid. I would be afraid to put much on top of it.

I also like the almost full length latching mechanism however i do have a bit over a 1/4"(7mm) of space between the cover and the edge of the rails. It seems a bit much and has allowed one side to partially come loose from the latch. I am thinking about trying to find something about 2mm thick to put behind the rails to tighten up that tolerance a bit.

Also thinking that a bungy cord from the thumb screw down to cargo tie down would probably make it stay latched better off road.

Are your rails secured tightly down to the bed caps? Neither of my Rol-X 's have had that type of gap where the rails lock down the cover. That being said, if you are doing heavy off-roaring it's probably best to remove the cover beforehand. I dont think many, if any, tonneau covers were meant to withstand the flexing and jostling of what the Raptor can do off road.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there my way to get ahold of one of these covers without dropping $814.10? $500, to me, seems extremely high but I'd buy it for $500 if I had to.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone mentioned whether the Roll-X will take a load placed on top of it when it is fully closed - well how about a 120kg Ex 2-Para (Paratroop Regiment - British Army) Sleeping on it all night ?? - Not a mark on the cover or loosening of any clamp - apart from a rather large "Dust Angel" when i went to inspect :)

The Roll X does what it claims - and yes far better looking than any other of the covers available

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Morrie from Bakoutlet. He's VERY close to that eBay deal but with full factory warranty. You lose the warranty with nonauthorized sellers.

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Morrie from Bakoutlet. He's VERY close to that eBay deal but with full factory warranty. You lose the warranty with nonauthorized sellers.

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

Mine also came with a full factory warranty. it was delivered directly from BAK.

Last edited: