BAK Roll-X Install and Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure why you are getting a little water. If you purchased you cover from us, then please call and we'll take a look at some pics. Who did you purchase your cover from, because they should be helping you directly in communicating with the factory.

I ordered from Morrie, and specifically asked him about the seepage when I ordered some weathertechs for my wife's car.

I was directed to this thread, and to do just what I did - ensure I didn't install something different or something.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will need to work up a mod to make the bike stuff work, but seems doable.

Saw a vid of a headache rack install with the Roll-X. Maybe a version of that kind of rack installed with the bike axel mount attached to it. Then you could use with the top rolled out if you had some sort of tiedowns or tie down in the bed with top rolled up.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered from Morrie, and specifically asked him about the seepage when I ordered some weathertechs for my wife's car.

I was directed to this thread, and to do just what I did - ensure I didn't install something different or something.

This is Morrie...Please contact me directly at 800 653-7089 ext. 704. Send close up pics of problem area so I can see what you are seeing.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics sent via PM. Probably would be prudent for me to post them here too, in case the solution is obvious to somebody smarter than me.

It looks like water comes in the front of the rails. They overlap the bulkhead already, and I didn't want to move them much more forward. If they were more forward, I'd think the bed's ability to flex toward the cab would be limited, and I don't think the latches in the rear would allow me to move any without having a problem staying closed.

Any ideas from anyone?

tuvuzesa.jpg

u8ada3eg.jpg

hege2uby.jpg

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I can move them rearward easily enough, but that seems like it would just mean the water would drip into the bed, instead of running down the bulkhead. Am I wrong?

Also, this made me think - what if I sealed off the front of the rail with a blob of silicone?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well I can move them rearward easily enough, but that seems like it would just mean the water would drip into the bed, instead of running down the bulkhead. Am I wrong?

Also, this made me think - what if I sealed off the front of the rail with a blob of silicone?

Did you install the weatherstrip?