Baja prep. Second Full size spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I am going to prerun the entire Baja 1000 course this year with a group of guys from California. Locos Mocos. We are going to run a Baja Pits pit for the race, and are just prerunning for fun.

I thought I would post up some of the prep I am doing for the run, including a second spare. I bought 3 used 315 BFGs for 60 bucks (total, not each). The tires were in awesome shape, it was a hell of a deal. I sold one for 60, and the other is still for sale. Then I found a vendor on ebay who had OEM raptor wheels for $129. The wheel looks great, but I think it was a factory second, it has some overspray, and is missing some paint in the lug holes, but its perfect for what I am doing, and it was not much more money VS a cheapo wheel, and way better quality. Its going to be strapped down in the bed.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to prerun the entire Baja 1000 course this year with a group of guys from California. Locos Mocos. We are going to run a Baja Pits pit for the race, and are just prerunning for fun.

<SNIP>

Was anyone here invited?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I didn't think about it. I just joined this forum last week. Its open to anyone who wants to come (and can get time off). We cross in Mexicali on Nov 11th, and return Nov 22nd. 5-6 days of prerunning, and a few in the pits. There are two Raptors, a Walker Evans Ramcharger prerunner, a few sweet broncos, quite a few trucks from Total Chaos, etc. Its going to be a pretty sweet trip.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Lucky......I was invited to help chase and pit but noooooo, my mom has to be coming in to visit from Ireland that week. My poor mom, I'm gonna be so bitter, lol.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really wish you could have posted up about the tires before i ordered mine off tirerack...but after my little incident i'm wanting to get a scond spare to have when i'm offroading. and for some reason i cant see your pictures...

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, I would do it but I'm not sure if Mexico is right for me right now.