GEN 2 Baja Designs "Unlimited" front bumper light kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turn-r-us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded my bumper, and thus the brackets are available if someone wants to do their own set up.
you'll notice it fits better with them closer to the bumper rather than away.

Can you please elaborate? Do you mean to have the bracket with the lip holding the light facing forward?

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure. put one light on it and hold it one way. then flip it over and put it on the other side of the truck, you'll see the difference.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will fit either way, but with the lip forward the fasteners are trapped so if you want to loosen or tighten them you will need to remove the whole bracket. The lighting effectiveness is the same either way.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way to differentiate between the power wires and the running wires ? I had mine installed and they are not getting power. Trying to find out if we plugged into the right ones. How can you tell the difference ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wires from the firewall passthrough are located down next to the relay/fuse box at the fender liner. They are the same colors as the switch wires as well. However, the wires you want are up at the two large connectors on the firewall junction. They will be partially hidden in the wire bundle tape wrap, usually with a short loop exposed so you can see and identify them. You will want to check them with a multimeter or test light while operating the switch you want. Then you will be sure the selected wire is connected to the desired switch.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wires from the firewall passthrough are located down next to the relay/fuse box at the fender liner. They are the same colors as the switch wires as well. However, the wires you want are up at the two large connectors on the firewall junction. They will be partially hidden in the wire bundle tape wrap, usually with a short loop exposed so you can see and identify them. You will want to check them with a multimeter or test light while operating the switch you want. Then you will be sure the selected wire is connected to the desired switch.
Okay thank you, my installer said all the wires were dead, so I’m thinking he grabbed those instead of the power ones as he tested them all with the switches in the on position. This is his first gen2 raptor so we will see if that’s the issue. I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s correct. Just did mine and the ‘19 owners manual doesn’t clarify it well enough and made me believe they swapped he bundle positions again from how the ‘18 was set up. But not the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alligator

Reaction score
I just can’t like that bracket, everything else looks good. Has anyone took the time to drill and install directly to the bumper.

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can’t like that bracket, everything else looks good. Has anyone took the time to drill and install directly to the bumper.
There's no place to really "drill" and mount them. bracket is a simple bolt on. easy peasy.

Wanna buy mine? :D