Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTM300

Reaction score
Just had a custom bumper made with room for a 20" light bar, 2 - 5" round lights, and 2 - 4" round lights. Truck is used 90% on highway and 10% off-road. I live in MT, so have several months were snow is a concern. Any recommendations on which lights and which patterns to run? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just had a custom bumper made with room for a 20" light bar, 2 - 5" round lights, and 2 - 4" round lights. Truck is used 90% on highway and 10% off-road. I live in MT, so have several months were snow is a concern. Any recommendations on which lights and which patterns to run? Thanks in advance.

Do you have any photos of the bumper? Depending on the mounting locations your light setup will vary. Also, are you looking to run any of these with other traffic around? If so, the options below will vary. This is one of MANY options available.

Here is one option:

20" OnX6, Spot, LED Light Bar
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-20-high-speed-spot-led-light-bar.asp
A longer and narrower 6° beam focus for illumination further down the trail or road.
The Spot pattern is your primary distance light and is designed to be used in conjunction with additional Wide Driving and/or Driving/Combo lights.
$769.95 ------ $692.96 FRF

XL-R80, Pair, Driving/Combo (5.24" Tall)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-r-80-pair-driving-combo.asp
Maximum trail coverage in a single light. The Driving/Combo pattern is equipped with both Wide Driving (44°) and spot (6°) optics.
This provides you with a smooth blend of light for both near field, midfield applications, and distance.
$789.95 ------ $710.96 FRF

Squadron-R Pro, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-pair-wide-cornering-amber.asp
BD was the first to develop a pattern specifically for cornering, dust ,fog, snow, and other poor conditions.
The Wide Driving pattern offers a 42° flattened horizontal beam for the ultimate in comfort lighting.
$439.95 ------ $395.95

KTM300

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my bumper. I didn't figure that any of your lights would be capapble of being used around on coming traffic. If I could leave some of them on, that would be cool. I was just planning on shutting them all off when there was traffic on the road. We have lots of wildlife, so that is the only reason I would like to use them on the highway. I assume you spec'd the amber, wide corning for use in snow? Do you think they will be able to stay on in a snow storm?

Attachments

• 2016120895121827.jpg
    2016120895121827.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my bumper. I didn't figure that any of your lights would be capapble of being used around on coming traffic. If I could leave some of them on, that would be cool. I was just planning on shutting them all off when there was traffic on the road. We have lots of wildlife, so that is the only reason I would like to use them on the highway. I assume you spec'd the amber, wide corning for use in snow? Do you think they will be able to stay on in a snow storm?

Looks great! None of our lights are DOT/SAE approved. The Squadron-R Sport is considered the most street friendly.
In the Amber Wide Cornering you would more than likely be able to use them with other traffic. It is still up to driver discretion.

Squadron-R Sport, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-sport-pair-wide-cornering-amber.asp
$239.95 ------- $215.95

*We can build with Black Bezels

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
IMPORTANT PRODUCT NOTICE:

Starting 12/12/2016 we will be transitioning from Silver Sport bezels to the Anodized Black Bezels available on the Pro Series of auxiliary lights.
This change will be incremental, starting with the XL Sport line and progressing throughout the entire Sport Series by the end of 2016.

Please put "Build with Black Bezels" in the comments when ordering a Sport item if you want Black Bezels.
Once we finish the transition these will ONLY be offered in Black with Laser Etching of the Product Name (Sport, Pro, Racer, etc.)

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com - (800)422-5292x114 - [email protected]

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have some squadron pro (or whatever they are called) in my foglights and have been using them as such. they are bright as can be, but haven't had anyone flash high beams yet. take that for what its worth

KTM300

Reaction score
Looks great! None of our lights are DOT/SAE approved. The Squadron-R Sport is considered the most street friendly.
In the Amber Wide Cornering you would more than likely be able to use them with other traffic. It is still up to driver discretion.

Squadron-R Sport, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-sport-pair-wide-cornering-amber.asp
$239.95 ------- $215.95

*We can build with Black Bezels

Do you have any experience or have you heard how those and/or any of your other lights work in a snow storm? I assume since high beams don't work very good in snow, that any bright off-road lights are going to be as bad or worse. Is that a bad assumption to make? Maybe the amber color and flattened beam of the wide cornering work.

I have some squadron pro (or whatever they are called) in my foglights and have been using them as such. they are bright as can be, but haven't had anyone flash high beams yet. take that for what its worth

What beam pattern are your lights?

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any experience or have you heard how those and/or any of your other lights work in a snow storm? I assume since high beams don't work very good in snow, that any bright off-road lights are going to be as bad or worse. Is that a bad assumption to make? Maybe the amber color and flattened beam of the wide cornering work.

What beam pattern are your lights?
Combo

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yep! We have had experience in Snow and other poor conditions and found our Amber Wide Cornering is best. It is best to have a smooth blend of light down low to avoid extra glare in these conditions. The common problem is long range lights reflecting back into the drivers eyes. That is why Hi-Beams, Spot Lights, or Driving lights aren't great in storms.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

We are currently uploading our BD Patches to the website. Not all of the information is available right now but will be up shortly.
Part # (98-0031) - $6.95ea - 3" Tall - ETA: 2-3 WEEKS - PREORDER ONLY

Please call (800)422-5292x114 if the link below doesn't work to order or if you want to order with TW discount. Thanks!
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/BD-Patch.asp

These will have a Velcro Backing

980031_n.jpg