Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTM300

Reaction score
Bailey and anyone with experience with BD's different lights...how would you personally outfit the bumper pictured above? Which lights and which beam patterns?

I have a feeling that Bailey's first suggestion he had, before seeing the bumper, is still the best option. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
12244486_1032126166850404_6927570747047421227_o.jpg

Happy Holidays from Bailey and the rest of the team at Baja Designs (BD)

Important Holiday Schedule:

- Friday 12/23 = OPEN 8:30-12:30
- Monday 12/26 = CLOSED
- Tuesday 12/27 = 8:30-5:30
- Wednesday 12/28 = 8:30-5:30
- Thursday 12/29 = 8:30-5:30
- Friday 12/30 = OPEN 8:30-12:30
- Monday 1/2 = CLOSED

Get your orders in now and save 10% !!! (800)422-5292x114

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com - (800)422-5292x114 - [email protected]

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Bailey and anyone with experience with BD's different lights...how would you personally outfit the bumper pictured above? Which lights and which beam patterns?

I have a feeling that Bailey's first suggestion he had, before seeing the bumper, is still the best option. Thoughts?

Here is the option I suggested above:

20" OnX6, Spot, LED Light Bar
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-20-high-speed-spot-led-light-bar.asp
A longer and narrower 6° beam focus for illumination further down the trail or road.
The Spot pattern is your primary distance light and is designed to be used in conjunction with additional Wide Driving and/or Driving/Combo lights.
$769.95 ------ $692.96 FRF

XL-R80, Pair, Driving/Combo (5.24" Tall)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-r-80-pair-driving-combo.asp
Maximum trail coverage in a single light. The Driving/Combo pattern is equipped with both Wide Driving (44°) and spot (6°) optics.
This provides you with a smooth blend of light for both near field, midfield applications, and distance.
$789.95 ------ $710.96 FRF

Squadron-R Pro, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-pair-wide-cornering-amber.asp
BD was the first to develop a pattern specifically for cornering, dust ,fog, snow, and other poor conditions.
The Wide Driving pattern offers a 42° flattened horizontal beam for the ultimate in comfort lighting.
$439.95 ------ $395.95

This would definitely cover your lighting zones for 1-4. If you are looking to reach Zone 5 we can change the OnX6 20" to a Racer Edition Spot. This will give you ~40% more distance.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-20-racer-edition-high-speed-spot-led-light-bar.asp

2016%20Lighting%20Zones%20Chart.jpg

KTM300

Reaction score
Do any of your lights include extra lenses? I think I remember some guys posting that there lights included more than one lens.

I don't see replacement lenses for your R-series lights listed on your website, but I assume they are available?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do any of your lights include extra lenses? I think I remember some guys posting that there lights included more than one lens.

I don't see replacement lenses for your R-series lights listed on your website, but I assume they are available?

The R series with the round bezel use the same lens as the non R. You can make an XL an XLR just by installing the R bezel.

triggerfish

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at the ONX6 Hi-Power 20" light bar kit for the lower front bumper, my question is- is this a significant amount of power over just using the high beams? Does anyone have any illistration to compare the high power 20" vs just the high beams by chance?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will not see your high beams if you turn the 20" HiPower bar on. Its that Bright. My two XL80's make my hi beams no longer exist and the onx6 HiPower is based off the LED's used in the XL80's but more of them per 10" section

triggerfish

Reaction score
You will not see your high beams if you turn the 20" HiPower bar on. Its that Bright. My two XL80's make my hi beams no longer exist and the onx6 HiPower is based off the LED's used in the XL80's but more of them per 10" section

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Just ordered my 20" and looking forward to getting it installed. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We do not include extra lenses with any of our lights. We used to include some in the XL Pro, XL80, and XL Racer but haven't for a while. The Squadron-R will use the same lens kit as our standard Squadron. The lens kits can be found here:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp