Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by Baja Designs, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 1badjk

1badjk Full Access Member

Email sent, thanks!

Baja Designs and raptor36 like this.
  2. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

First and foremost, a huge shoutout to Nick @ Apollo Optics and Baja Design support.

Before I had heard of Nick, I ordered a set of lights directly from Baja. I then saw Nick's site and saw I "overpaid." Let's just say after a series of emails with Baja's COO, they corrected the issue to my satisfaction.

I also then emailed the COO about the quality, or lack thereof, of their instructions. He took a look and agreed with me. I also spoke to Paul in tech support. He too said he'd speak to the marketing department to improve the instructions and perhaps put up some videos on installs.

I'm about to try to route the wires on my rear tail lights. Wish me luck.

3. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

And unfortunately it was a failure. I used the green wire with brown stripe, though there appears to be two. The wires are so thin that I don’t believe that crimped they supply can adequately bite into it. I did find the ground screw and as others have stated, real shame Baja Design does not provide the correct size loop and that you have to cut it open and hope you don’t break that ring. Now I need to try to understand how to do it via the trailer connector.

4. Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon Full Access Member

Yes the ground lug is too small for the ground bolt on the truck, which is disappointing since it is a vehicle specific harness. I was successful in enlarging the lumen on 2 of the 3. I just used bare wire on the one that broke.

Ultimately you just have to get wire to wire in whatever reliable fashion works for you. Many of us use some sort of weatherproof connectors rather than the side tap.

Regarding the trailer connector, I posted pix on the backup light thread (#90) which should help you. It is ridiculously easy. The hard part is getting the lights mounted due to the proximity to the exhaust tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDJAK likes this.
  5. 1badjk

1badjk Full Access Member

So I was about to take the lights off to send back for warranty after quick response from Paul @ BajaDesigns and then I realized a harness had come loose. So my lights are back working and I really appreciate the help from Paul.

6. Baja Designs

Baja Designs Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Glad Paul was able to assist you and get the lights working again. Thanks for the update!

7. Baja Designs

Baja Designs Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

8. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

These are great!