Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s an awesome pic!

Question on squadron pro lights. Is the lens the only difference between spot and driving? Basically can I swap the lens and it’s the same thing?

The lens and the reflector are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That’s an awesome pic!

Question on squadron pro lights. Is the lens the only difference between spot and driving? Basically can I swap the lens and it’s the same thing?

The lens and the reflector are different

In general, Spot, Driving/Combo, and Wide Cornering share the same reflectors behind the lens. This allows you to easily change the lens and have the pattern change with it. No reflector change required.

Work/Scene is the only pattern that uses a different reflector

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting..... when I had the wrong lenses before, BD told me that the reflectors had to be changed and that was a factory only operation because of how they were attached, so I went ahead and changed them anyhow... lol [emoji38]

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting..... when I had the wrong lenses before, BD told me that the reflectors had to be changed and that was a factory only operation because of how they were attached, so I went ahead and changed them anyhow... lol [emoji38]

Older model Squadrons required a reflector change but we haven't had that design for a couple of years

The newer lights share the same reflectors and the lens changes the pattern

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Older model Squadrons required a reflector change but we haven't had that design for a couple of years

The newer lights share the same reflectors and the lens changes the pattern

That would explain it then, I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying that.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That’s an awesome pic!

Correct. Spot, Wide Cornering & Driving/Combo all share the same reflectors inside. So you can swap the lenses back/forth at your hearts content.

Work/Scene however use the same lens as the Spots, BUT the reflectors inside are different.

If you've purchased from us we can assist you (at no charge) with a swap-out from Work/Scene reflectors to the other style (or vice versa).

We keep the different reflectors on hand for those times customers may have bought work/scene and need to change it up.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Math Test: If those are LP9 Pros on top and XL80s below, how many lumens is the #BDRunner pushing out?

HINT: It's over 120k Lumens ;)

56158406_2465315226864817_8978973399686578176_n.jpg

xmadcowx

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of vendors running a spring/tax season sale beyond the typical 10% offered year round? I need that little extra to push me over the edge and get on with a purchase. I'm not in love with any of the 3 light setups as the inside light seems to be blocked by the cutout, maybe there is a bracket people prefer who are in the same boat.

I'm sold on the baja lights as I had more than a few problems with my rigid setup on my last truck. I like the 3 light per side setup, just not feeling the warm and fuzzy with that inside light.

Edit: Has anyone used 3 squadrons in each pocket, with a wide cornering on the inside, aimed slightly out versus straight on? Would this "solve" my issue of wasted light, make things worse, make no difference at all?

Last edited:

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xmadcowx I'm right there with you regarding the lights and the brackets. It would not take much of an adjustment to the brackets design to fix this issue . But the makers of the brackets feel this is not a issue. For what these things cost, I want no blockage of my lights. Someone redesign the darn brackets please.