Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2016%20Lighting%20Zones%20Chart.jpg

Lighting Zone: Off Road Enthusiast
These zones have been designed by Baja Designs: The Scientists of Lighting.

Zone 1 - Dust/Fog: This zone illuminates the area directly in front of the vehicle. Mounting these lights low on the bumper eliminates glare from dust and fog.

Zone 2 - Cornering: This zone provides cornering light which is necessary to drive comfortably at speed. By toeing these lights out 10°-15° a smooth field of light is achieved, eliminating the feeling of tunnel vision.

Zone 3 - Driving Combo: This zone is your primary driving light. These lights are mounted in the middle of the front bumper to avoid glare off of the hood or from dust and fog in front of the vehicle.

Zone 4 - Spot: This zone is your first level of long distance lighting. Lights intended for this zone will give you the distance needed to travel at speed. Combined with zone two lighting, a smooth transition is achieved creating less stress on your eyes.

Zone 5 - Racer Edition Spot: This zone is necessary for triple digit speeds, or wanting to see miles down the road. This is the only forward projection pattern we recommend mounting along your roofline (wider patterns can contribute to glare).

Zone 6 - Rock/Dome Lighting: This zone is used for wheel well lighting. This light is perfect for truck, jeep, buggy and UTV applications.

Zone 7 - Work/Scene: This is a true flood pattern. Excellent work light or “scene light” with an extremely smooth, round pattern. This pattern is not suitable for forward projection applications.

Zone 8 - Backup Lighting: This zone illuminates the area directly behind the rear of the vehicle. It is recommended that these lights be mounted on your rear bumper or cargo rack.

Via Baja Designs | Lighting Zones

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Is the LP6 too large for the A-Pillars?"

This is a question we've been getting a lot lately. It comes down to vehicle application and personal preference on the look. Here is Collin Harper taking flight with a set of LP6's on the A-Pillars!

Shop LP6s below:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/LP6-Pro-LED.asp

52605734_2402059649857042_8578008146423840768_n.jpg

52901700_2402059683190372_5840167113146236928_n.jpg

ShadowViper

Reaction score
Not sure on the rules about posting from another vendor, but here in the light section one of the other vendors had a side by side shot of the lp6 and xl80 on the same truck. The lp6 is slightly larger but IMO thought it looked pretty good considering the size of the overall truck and I believe you get a lot more light too from the lp6.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the XL80's and think the LP6 lights would look just fine there also...The LP9 lights are really big and would not run them on my A-Pillars....

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just received the rear sport tail lights from Baja. Does anyone know if there's a video anywhere on an install of them? I'm not the most talented person when it comes to electronic installs.

I'm also waiting delivery on my lower grill light. Would love a step by step video of that also.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know about videos but there are good pictorials on this forum. I know you have at least read the one on the lower grill install. Find the one in backup light install by Halogrinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zone 5 - Racer Edition Spot: This zone is necessary for triple digit speeds, or wanting to see miles down the road. This is the only forward projection pattern we recommend mounting along your roofline (wider patterns can contribute to glare).
Oh yeah?....how about "ZONE 10 - Long...Long Range meant for LASER's...:)