Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorNewbie

Reaction score
I got the S8's behind the grille and the S2 Pro's in the bumper fog light area and just ran into an issue. The S2's are blowing the 15amp fuse associated with Aux Switch #2 and therefore I am having to put a relay switch in and at the same time I am going to separate the lights on different switches to utilize different lights for different driving applications. Anyone else run into a fuse problem?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should not be blowing a fuse if all you have are the pair of S2 Pros. Those are 1.66A each so that's a total of 3.32Amp.

Do you have anything else on that switch? Are you sure you are not on switch #5?

Switches 1/2 are 15 Amp
Switches 3/4 are 10 Amp
Switches 5/6 Are 5 Amp

Even at 5amp it SHOULD NOT BLOW but it's close to the max. I always like a little more room then that (3.32 on a 5 Amp, i'd do a 10 amp at minimum).

Do you have the S8 on a different switch? Or does the S8 share the same switch as the S2s. SOUNDS like you may have them on the same switch?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RIght 3 lights on each side but you should have them all wired up different switches. S2's are typically on their own as are the others (or some folks put the other 2 on the same switch).

Well if the S2's are on their OWN switch you should not be blowing fuses at all. Who did the install? You or someone else? Reason I ask is IF it was someone else, check the fuse in the relay box, MAKE SURE it's a 15 amp fuse and that they didn't accidently swap it out with something else.

And again you are 100% certain the other 2 lights are NOT on the same switch?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you email the latest installation instructions for the 30" grill kit? I want to make sure I have the latest.
[email protected]

Thanks.

Email sent. Thank You!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I got the S8's behind the grille and the S2 Pro's in the bumper fog light area and just ran into an issue. The S2's are blowing the 15amp fuse associated with Aux Switch #2 and therefore I am having to put a relay switch in and at the same time I am going to separate the lights on different switches to utilize different lights for different driving applications. Anyone else run into a fuse problem?

If you can, please clarify on how you have the lights wired. You should not be blowing a fuse with a single pair of S2 Pros or S2 Sports. If the problem continues to happen please contact our tech support department to verify everything is wired correctly.

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
American Passion, Quality, and Performance: We are Baja Designs

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9rvxf9ZF8M

25 years ago, Baja Designs was founded with a passion and thirst for off road. Performance driven, race tested, Baja proven - Baja Designs engineers and manufactures American made products, using only the best components available, right here in San Diego, California.

Enthusiasts know that BD provides the highest quality and meticulously crafted LED lights on the market today. The world's top off road drivers stand by our products for a reason - because they get you home safe – and fast.

This video details every breath that Baja Designs takes in and lets out. From the engineering phase led by founder and lead engineer, Alan Roach. To the finished products on elite race vehicles, special forces military vehicles, and everything in between. Baja Designs breathes passion, quality, and performance.

With off road LED lighting solutions that are second to none - it is no surprise that Baja Designs has become known world-wide as The Scientists of Lighting.

25th Anniversary Open House - 8/26/17

COME CELEBRATE WITH US! WE ARE BRINGING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER TO HAVE SOME FUN AND CELEBRATE THE HISTORY AND PROGRESSION OF BAJA DESIGNS.
WE WILL HAVE A VARIETY OF CUSTOM AND FULLY BUILT VEHICLES ON DISPLAY FROM OUR SPONSORED RACE TEAMS AND PARTNERS.
IN ADDITION, WE WILL HAVE VENDOR DISPLAYS, FOOD, DRINKS, A CHARITY RAFFLE, A HUGE NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT, AND MORE.

185 Bosstick Blvd.
San Marcos, CA 92069
3:00PM - 10:00PM
FREE ADMISSION

www.bajadesigns.com - (800)422-5292x114 - [email protected]

-Bailey, Baja Designs