Back up camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSPYZD

Reaction score
Recently got a 17 Raptor and the backup camera lens is cracked. I got a replacement today (OEM) and when I installed it all I get is the rainbow colored lines. I see posts where there were a lot of camera issues. My question is does anyone know if there is something that needs to be programmed when you replace the camera? Or should it just work after replaced, and I got a bad camera. Funny note: I also ordered a antenna base cover, and it was in bubble wrap. The camera was loose in a box just bouncing around.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The camera issue you’re referring to only affected 2020 models within a specific build date range and was corrected with a recall.

The camera on your 2017 will need to be initialized to the Image Processing Module B (IPM-B) in order to function. This is done using the LIN new module configuration routine in IDS. If you have the 360 camera system or Pro Trailer Backup Assist, you will also need to perform the alignment procedures for those to function.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter