Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush could also be contracted to be the second set of eyes of this first batch from the factory. Highly doubt it but I sure wouldn't mind if those guys gave mine a once over.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build date moved from 10/25 to 11/10. So, read into that what you will....

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing they are catching this so late, given that prototypes have been running around for literally years now. Good they are fixing it before release though.

If the OKTB isn't till November how are getting ETAs from Ford Service. I thought the shipping process didn't/couldn't happen till OKTB

First word in ETA is estimated... ;)

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My delivery date was Nov 3, now it has been pushed to Nov 9. Hopefully this is all it's delayed. I can't believe the issue was only found now... Bunch of crap!

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that would necessitate a trip to roush though

I'd guess that while Ford surely has a small crew to fix assembly problems, they could get overwhelmed if the issue was widespread enough. And it may be cheaper for them to subcontract the work to a non union shop rather than pay union overtime wages to get additional people in to help.

You have to guess that this is a supplier problem rather than a Ford part or an assembly issue. The latter two would be easier for Ford to correct and less likely to require halting production.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build date moved from 10/25 to 11/10. So, read into that what you will....

At least they are planning on picking up the building again soon. Could have been much worse.

My delivery date changed by 1 week to Nov 9

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

You guys act like new vehicles have never had issues or have had production stopped in the early production phase.

Be glad they caught it now and just think about the issues they haven't found yet....

whaaa.gif

That's my worst fear... All the things they find after I get the truck

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. I've had good luck with "first year" models. No worries there. What makes me think this is nothing but a rumor is the fact that they've had dozens of prototype, R&D units out there for a couple of years now. Why is it suddenly an issue?

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. I've had good luck with "first year" models. No worries there. What makes me think this is nothing but a rumor is the fact that they've had dozens of prototype, R&D units out there for a couple of years now. Why is it suddenly an issue?

I think thats it. All their prototypes have parts that were on-offs. Made just for their few trucks. Probably locally in the US. Now that the parts are mass produced for main production, they resource some parts from other counties. That's where quality issues can occur

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys act like new vehicles have never had issues or have had production stopped in the early production phase.

Be glad they caught it now and just think about the issues they haven't found yet....

whaaa.gif

I don't think that's the case at all. Most people are just curious as to what it is. Wouldn't you be if you had one ordered, received a delivery date, have your window sticker and then hear there's a stoppage? As far as I've read people are just curious as to what's going on. I think everyone that has said anything of substance has also said they would rather wait and get the truck right versus it rushed out the door. I mean this is general discussion after all, is it not?

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Amazing they are catching this so late, given that prototypes have been running around for literally years now. Good they are fixing it before release though.

First word in ETA is estimated... ;)

The point being how are we getting ETAs if the OKTB wasn't issued. This would be a first for me, getting a shipping estimate without Ford issuing an OKTB. Maybe someone else has had that experience, but I haven't