Avalanche grey and silver Raptor R’s at dealer in south ga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a minivan that would beat a V6 Raptor, or the 6.2 for that matter. Glad you got a new truck, because something was clearly wrong with that ecoboost.

You can find outliers at Manheim all the time. You can watch all day and see 1000 cars sell way over MMR, and a 1000 cars sell way under. Most of the time there's a reason, but I think the music is bound to stop on the over MMR selling. I watched a 90s GT Mustang with low mileage sell for more than what it would've sold on Bring a Trailer for a year ago. Plenty of dealers are out there trying to get their hands on "classic" or "rare" inventory, but it's getting more and more likely they'll be clogged on the retail side because they bought too high.

All that is to say, with production going for at least another two years, those willing to sit and wait will probably be able to pick a R up for less than $150K. I already see Bronco Raptors selling in the high 70s when just 8 months ago you couldn't touch one for less than $100K. Of course, all that time waiting will be time without an R haha.

my eco 37 pkg felt like a v6 mustang compared to the r feeling like a corvette.. not even close and yes a honda odyssey is only .6 of a second slower than a 37pkg eco raptor lol. had one get the jump on me one time on the on ramp and ended up cutting me off ( turbo lag is a b****) .. i know i was embarrassed to say the least.. 16 year old in moms odyssey :/ sad to say but true

honda odyssey = 6.5 sec
raptor 37 = 5.9

Attachments

• DC7FE5E8-8FD9-4FA9-A1F9-68BCDE561187.jpeg
    DC7FE5E8-8FD9-4FA9-A1F9-68BCDE561187.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 76DD6494-A419-4A2F-8883-BB17D76D9C4F.png
    76DD6494-A419-4A2F-8883-BB17D76D9C4F.png
    481.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
my eco 37 pkg felt like a v6 mustang compared to the r feeling like a corvette.. not even close and yes a honda odyssey is only .6 of a second slower than a 37pkg eco raptor lol. had one get the jump on me one time on the on ramp and ended up cutting me off ( turbo lag is a b****) .. i know i was embarrassed to say the least.. 16 year old in moms odyssey :/ sad to say but true

honda odyssey = 6.5 sec
raptor 37 = 5.9
37 - $88K (about what you can get one for...call it 90K)
R - $155 (per your Manheim reports) ... you paid $135 (golf clap)

Again DUH it's 'better'--whatever that means--faster. Why are you even trying to compare the two. One is V6 one is V8. Got it.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 - $88K (about what you can get one for...call it 90K)
R - $155 (per your Manheim reports) ... you paid $135 (golf clap)

Again DUH it's 'better'--whatever that means--faster. Why are you even trying to compare the two. One is V6 one is V8. Got it.
the point is ford should have never put a v6 in a raptor if not for the trx ( i dislike) they would have continued forcing v6’s down our throats. poor mpg + sounds like a rice box and on top of it all it only weighs 100#s less than a v8 even the mpg argument does not work my 37 pkg hand calculated average mpg was 13.7mpg over 300 miles to the beach ( truck had 14xxx miles) my R driving the same route normal acceleration netted 12.9 after multiple hand calculations and 4 trips… it got me thinking what is the purpose of a v6 if not for fuel mileage? was it away for ford to falsely inflate mpg’s / make more profit? what does Eco mean because it can’t mean economy with a 37pkg apparently?

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Fully loaded TRX is still around $110,000 right? Basically coming down to finding a no/low premium on the R.
If you can stand the wait time, you can order a TRX for around $10,000ish off sticker. TRX’s on the lot tend to be closer to MSRP. That’s still considerably less than 90% of the Raptor R’s with big mark ups.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only paid 135k Otd for my r. my opinion from owning 7 raptors it’s worth every penny. my recent 2 trucks was a trx then a 37pkg the the r and the 37 was not even close on the fun meter but was better than my trx. have never owned a vehicle as fun and versatile.
We hope you enjoy your R in the best of health for many years to come. I and I’m sure many here are envious. But please take the word “only” out of I paid $135k.
Even the MSRP is ridiculous. And I’ve “only” owned 4 raptors so I’ve got some catching up to do.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the point is ford should have never put a v6 in a raptor if not for the trx ( i dislike) they would have continued forcing v6’s down our throats. poor mpg + sounds like a rice box and on top of it all it only weighs 100#s less than a v8 even the mpg argument does not work my 37 pkg hand calculated average mpg was 13.7mpg over 300 miles to the beach ( truck had 14xxx miles) my R driving the same route normal acceleration netted 12.9 after multiple hand calculations and 4 trips… it got me thinking what is the purpose of a v6 if not for fuel mileage? was it away for ford to falsely inflate mpg’s / make more profit? what does Eco mean because it can’t mean economy with a 37pkg apparently?
You’re going off on a tangent that is not supported by anything factual. Cool story on overpaying for an R, sounds like you really get off on that. The 3.5 HO GTDI is the best engine in the F-150 lineup sans the 5.2 R engine; the fact that you think a Gen 3 sounds like a “rice box” just shows you’re only talking trash, which is all you’ve done on this forum since you joined 3 years ago. It’s all very ironic coming from a diehard Gen 1 fanboy, which is about an 8 second 0-60 slug, yet you somehow weren’t getting “beaten by minivans” then? :happy175:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
You’re going off on a tangent that is not supported by anything factual. Cool story on overpaying for an R, sounds like you really get off on that. The 3.5 HO GTDI is the best engine in the F-150 lineup sans the 5.2 R engine; the fact that you think a Gen 3 sounds like a “rice box” just shows you’re only talking trash, which is all you’ve done on this forum since you joined 3 years ago. It’s all very ironic coming from a diehard Gen 1 fanboy, which is about an 8 second 0-60 slug, yet you somehow weren’t getting “beaten by minivans” then? :happy175:
200.gif

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

honda odyssey = 6.5 sec
raptor 37 = 5.9
if you were concerned about the speed of it then why not just tune it? i have ran a 12.7 qaurter mile @108mph i think it was on this 18 raptor on 35s with a e50 tune. i now ride on 36s and i can run straigth e85 tune for max power but e50 has been more than enough for this truck. i have yet to be beaten by any truck on the road, i know im not the fastest and not even close to being one but just saying that i have smoked most small cars that normally would easily beat a stock raptor from the line but instead got humiliated, the sound isnt the best , ecp compared to gen 3 and what they were able to do with the diff exhaust tones which sounds alot better than my stock exhaust but its not bad. i am just ready for a new truck as i have had this one 5 years now.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well said. im in the same boat, i will pay msrp or maybe slightly above but them asking almost exotic car prices for a truck is ridicilous. at this point im already considering the trx, or new raptor with 37s but i just hate to have a newer truck with the same motor.
For 160k you could have 2 brand new regular Gen 3 Raptors… I’m really struggling to see the value here.

I think I’d rather have one to baby as a daily and one to beat the shit out of as opposed to having 1 R.

Count me in this group as well. Was offered one at $155k, there is just no way. There are some people who absolutely MUST have this thing and don't care if it's $70k ADM and 9% APR. I'm so far away from that kind of person it's not even funny. I'm the guy who steals ketchup and jelly packets because it keeps money in my pocket. If you have some patience, you can just order a TRX at a pretty decent discount off MSRP. Eventually things will get sane again...when is anyone's guess. The Fed printed way too much money the past 3 years.

EK4

Reaction score
Count me in this group as well. Was offered one at $155k, there is just no way. There are some people who absolutely MUST have this thing and don't care if it's $70k ADM and 9% APR. I'm so far away from that kind of person it's not even funny. I'm the guy who steals ketchup and jelly packets because it keeps money in my pocket. If you have some patience, you can just order a TRX at a pretty decent discount off MSRP. Eventually things will get sane again...when is anyone's guess. The Fed printed way too much money the past 3 years.
I agree, but I also don't agree. I think these prices are here to stay and we are being slowly conditioned. The Fed won't do a damn thing about the 3 years of printing, rates are already at all time recent highs. Labor, materials, shipping costs etc will go down soon?? don't think so.

And if you are betting on the economy collapsing, I'm sure everyone will have worse problems to even consider an MSRP raptor R.