Avalanche grey and silver Raptor R’s at dealer in south ga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you don’t get a r don’t settle for a 37. hate to admit if

not even the same comparison. nothing special about a bronco, lightning or rivian as they will be MASS PRODUCED FOR YEARS TO COME With unlimited Allocations (very easy to find).If I must make a prediction the R will be very limited with a 2-3 year production cycle with approximately 7-12k units produced then when the trx is over ford will end the R shortly after as they are itching to go 100% electric .. The R will go down in off road truck history as the Best Ever off the show room floor factory baja rig that has the glorious v8 music many have dreamed of since the prehistoric gen1 days with supercar performance and people will pay whatever price if they really want it end of story…. my 2 cents
I think what you’re saying makes senses for the person wanting to buy it and sit on it for 20 years. Put less than 2k miles on it in that time. If you actually drive it the value isn’t going to hold 160k

It’s not a Ford GT

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Foreget TRX. Get 37 and try and get 24 order for R. Bought a 37 and love it...after 4 35's...and yes it's worth it. Have R on order but not end of the world if it never appears--will re order 24. If that doesn't show don't care. Great to have but MANY more important things in life than an R. Period.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foreget TRX. Get 37 and try and get 24 order for R. Bought a 37 and love it...after 4 35's...and yes it's worth it. Have R on order but not end of the world if it never appears--will re order 24. If that doesn't show don't care. Great to have but MANY more important things in life than an R. Period.
Agreed forget the TRX. I’ve had a TRX and both 37 and 35 package Gen 3’s. Unless you find a 37 for msrp don’t waste your time. Buy the 35, add eibach springs, and buy 37” tires.

The TRX would have been better served as a street truck more aligned with the Hellcat series.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what you’re saying makes senses for the person wanting to buy it and sit on it for 20 years. Put less than 2k miles on it in that time. If you actually drive it the value isn’t going to hold 160k

It’s not a Ford GT

I only paid 135k Otd for my r. my opinion from owning 7 raptors it’s worth every penny. my recent 2 trucks was a trx then a 37pkg the the r and the 37 was not even close on the fun meter but was better than my trx. have never owned a vehicle as fun and versatile.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only paid 135k Otd for my r. my opinion from owning 7 raptors it’s worth every penny. my recent 2 trucks was a trx then a 37pkg the the r and the 37 was not even close on the fun meter but was better than my trx. have never owned a vehicle as fun and versatile.
I probably would have jumped at 135. I don’t think that’s likely now though

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Well duh an R is 'more fun' than a 37...hence 700+HP and higher price tag. But I will say you show Manheim quotes all of the time so seem concerned about pricing and wholesale. Just go enjoy your truck and quit worrying about pricing. Enjoy it.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
simple economics mate:
Low supply = extreme demand
can’t pay don’t play

mark my word. most 98% of buyers will never touch a r for msrp. i have only seen 2 do it to date and they had very close ties to the dealer
right. Still couldn’t get a C8(and I see 8 of those a day) for MSRP but that’s not comparable I guess. Yes it’s a special vehicle but it’s roped in with everything else that’s new and fresh. It’s low production cause they are all sitting in a field somewhere lol

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well duh an R is 'more fun' than a 37...hence 700+HP and higher price tag. But I will say you show Manheim quotes all of the time so seem concerned about pricing and wholesale. Just go enjoy your truck and quit worrying about pricing. Enjoy it.
I work in the auction industry so that’s my job unfortunately I see #s every day and based on analysis the r will be hovering in the 100k + price bracket for many years to come……….. so I do enjoy my truck and will keep it forever now after realizing what a raptor should have been all along ( eco should have never been in truck called a raptor lol) and finally my raptor does not sound like a 350z rice box and i no longer get gapped by soccer moms in suvs/ minivans merging on the interstate like i did with my ecoboost ;) so yea was / is worth every penny …

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably would have jumped at 135. I don’t think that’s likely now though
yea agreed to that price last july and when i was getting close to delivery i felt they were a little upset but the way i was treated that my deal was 20k over and not 40k (general manager that signed my deal for 20k was no longer with the dealer) ( i had a bill of sale with dealer and my signature from 7/18/22)… i also sold my 21 37pkg privately in a matter of days for 86k as opposed to the dealer offering 74k so in theory i only had to pay a 8 k adm ;) so every star lined up for me..

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in the auction industry so that’s my job unfortunately I see #s every day and based on analysis the r will be hovering in the 100k + price bracket for many years to come……….. so I do enjoy my truck and will keep it forever now after realizing what a raptor should have been all along ( eco should have never been in truck called a raptor lol) and finally my raptor does not sound like a 350z rice box and i no longer get gapped by soccer moms in suvs/ minivans merging on the interstate like i did with my ecoboost ;) so yea was / is worth every penny …
I don't know of a minivan that would beat a V6 Raptor, or the 6.2 for that matter. Glad you got a new truck, because something was clearly wrong with that ecoboost.

You can find outliers at Manheim all the time. You can watch all day and see 1000 cars sell way over MMR, and a 1000 cars sell way under. Most of the time there's a reason, but I think the music is bound to stop on the over MMR selling. I watched a 90s GT Mustang with low mileage sell for more than what it would've sold on Bring a Trailer for a year ago. Plenty of dealers are out there trying to get their hands on "classic" or "rare" inventory, but it's getting more and more likely they'll be clogged on the retail side because they bought too high.

All that is to say, with production going for at least another two years, those willing to sit and wait will probably be able to pick a R up for less than $150K. I already see Bronco Raptors selling in the high 70s when just 8 months ago you couldn't touch one for less than $100K. Of course, all that time waiting will be time without an R haha.