Automatic Tailgate lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is helpful since the wires you need to connect to are in the front sill anyway.

I will add it to the first post. Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

To Krahulec

Just got my Pop&Lock today (and still arguing with StylinTrucks.com for an RMA to return the PE PowerGate. They said they contacted PE and were assured the PowerGate works on the Raptor with lock and camera.)

I would call Pace Edwards and tell them StylinTrucks.com is not making your P/E purchase a happy experience.

I know that the PE does fit, since I had it installed before i switched to the Pop&Lock. Therefore this is probably not the right argument to return it. That it doesn't work on the key lock, although that is suggested, is the real argument in my opinion.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To fshol,

I do not want to start any arguments, and I have only one picture and two 10 meg videos that I sent to P/E of the Pace Edwards locking devices.

But I could not, no matter how I turned it make it fit. Maybe they changed the model or something I don't know.

IMAG0106.jpg

Last edited:

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out that if you wire up the Grey with Brown stripe and the Violet with Grey stripe then the tailgate will open with the SECOND press of the button. So it will open with all the passenger doors instead of with the drivers door. This is for 2011 XLT Supercrew.

I'm nearly done with my install, but having trouble finding the correct wires in the front passenger kick plate/sill area. Can someone confirm the colors of the wires for a 2011 Super Crew?

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grey/brown and violet/grey in my 2012 SCrew. There were multiple wires I just picked two worked fine. Are you saying you're not finding those colors in your 2011?

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's night time, and I'm using a flourescent light, so colors may be off. I'll try again in the morning.

To help narrow down the choices, what gauge wire would you estimate them? There seems to be three different gauge sizes.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, they were the same as most of the bundle. Definitely use some better light tomorrow.

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did my 2012 scab today, the colors were light blue/green stripe, grey/brown stripe. Came from pop and lock web site. Found behind passenger kick panel.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did my 2012 scab today, the colors were light blue/green stripe, grey/brown stripe. Came from pop and lock web site. Found behind passenger kick panel.

Yes, those are the colors to use if you want your tailgate to unlock with one press.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the correct wire codes are in the first post.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Is the kick panel the same thing as the sill plate?

No the kick panel is the front panel under the dash.

The wires for the SuperCrew are in the front passenger door sill,
from other members who have installed the Pop and Lock say this is the best place to connect the wires.
Either set of wires for one press or second press.
There are a pair of the same colored wires in the SuperCrew so by trial and error you need to find the correct pair.

Last edited: