automatic high beams...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score
Pretty sure if you turn the nob to just before the last click that disables the automatic headlight/highbeams.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it's too sensitive. Always turns off when it detects street lights or lights on signs, so it ends up flashing on and off at times.
Does the same thing in the outback with brush.

Also, even the low beams hit oncoming drivers in the eyes. There is a thread somewhere on the forum detailing how many turns to lower the headlights.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my last 4 fords have had them.

My only issue is they do not turn off when following a car at distance.

2 lane road, i could be 30 cars lengths back, and the high beams stay on. nothing worse then having a guy behind with highbeams on.

Therefore, i leave them disabled.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love mine. It and the auto wipers are great. I am lazy. LOL

Sam

Chris S

Reaction score
According to the owners manual, the Auto High beams engage at 31MPH or higher, that is why they sometimes work and not others.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Easy to turn off. Change the setting on the light dial to the left of your steering wheel. Instead of “A” (which stands for automatic), turn the light switch one notch to the right (clockwise). You’ll be in charge of the lights and you’ll disengage the sensor.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are turned off. I don't like them on curvy roads, which is a majority of my driving that requires the high beams.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'll have to check again but I think when they came on I could simply disengage them by hitting the high beam switch.

I'm guessing it only works for that particular drive and defaults to its automatic setting after restarting the vehicle.

I need to play with the light dial also to see how that affects the automatic settings.