Audio/ Video upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awe man no love on the fuel door and it was the most $$$ hahaha

OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished off the sub install today. It went mostly smooth until running the remote wire. I had a very difficult time finding a fuse in the pass kick panel that would actually power off when I turned the truck off. I ended up using the fuse that says its for rear heated seats, but I don't think that option is offered on these trucks. A big thanks to Noah for the tech phone support :D the simple addition of a sub that actually works made a huge difference. When I unhooked the stock Sony sub the difference was minimal at best.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytime. glad i could help. come by the shop sometime, if you are ever in the area.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

by the way, the accessory wire is easy to get if you decide to change your connection at that fuse box

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
purple/green at the ignition harness. black 7pin plug, pin 6.

this is under the steering column. you will need to remove the steering shroud and under dash. a 7mm, 8mm, and a 5.5mm (maybe 6mm?, cant renember) very easy to get to.

OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that in the engine compart or behind the glovebox somewhere?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
steering column. drivers side. there is that panel in front of your knees. its held on by 3 7mm bolts on the bottom, and 2 clips up top

OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. That sounds like a better option. I am already not liking the amp turning off before I open the door. Next time I am in the Bay Area I will stop in :)

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well unfortunately the only way to keep RAP is by going to the radio or the amp. this wire location is only to provide an accessory 12 volts which is powered by the key. so if you are looking to retain RAP then some disassembly is in store for you.