GEN 2 Audio freezes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the Sync3 freeze? My truck had done it 5 times now. The audio will say off, it won't turn on, you can switch through the screens like home page, XM radio, navigation, but you can't connect your phone, no sound at all...

I took it to the dealer, they did they fixed it... will they didn't

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
sounds like a new sync module for thee. Does the master reset fix it (workaround)?

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I had a similar problem (the screen would also freeze). After the dealer tried to "update" the sync module the ordered a new sync module and replaced it. Yesterday it may have started to do it again. If it is like the last time it will progressively get worse. I asked the parts department how much the sync module cost if it was not under warranty and they said about $600. I will be steamed if it goes out and not covered by warranty. Ford needs to fix this with a better part instead of replacing it with another one that is just as bad.

MamaRaptor

Reaction score
Are you hard wired to the front USB when it happens? It happened to me 4 times, every time I was ‘charging’. Pulling over and shutting the truck off wouldn’t help either. What did make it stop was not using the front USB ports. Could be coincidence I guess.

OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you hard wired to the front USB when it happens? It happened to me 4 times, every time I was ‘charging’. Pulling over and shutting the truck off wouldn’t help either. What did make it stop was not using the front USB ports. Could be coincidence I guess.
I didn't have anything plugged in, the only thing in the Front USB is a USB drive with music, but I didn't have it playing any..

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

carmelk6

Reaction score
Did you find the fix? I have the nav/tv with jl Amps, speakers and sub - but it still locks up with everything unplugged. I can’t figure out how to get it working... master reset, kam reset, etc.