ATV, will it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you have room for a trailer at your house just get a small one. We've had countless atv's and dirtbikes over the years. Had many dumps/slips off the ramps getting into the truck, mostly bikes and way more close calls with both.
If it rains the ramps are super slick. Put the atv on the trailer and leave the bed open for a cooler of beer or whatever.
When you get tired of the atv you can sell it with the trailer as a package.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haul a Honda Rancher470 all the time. It sits on the bed but tailgate hits the tires before closing. My Rap is an 18 and I bought the loading ramps ford had for it and they work great. You just have to remove the inside top plate on the tailgate and install the top plate that comes with the ramps provided for connecting the ramps.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ATV is just shy of 48" wide and weighs about 900 with fuel and oil. It will fit, but 900 lb in the bed will be a lot and you will be sagging pretty good. It will work though...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can rent a trailer for 4 hours for around $40 to $50. Plenty of time to get the ATV and return the trailer.

Riker20

Reaction score
I haul this 2006 Bombardier Outland 650 Max all the time. I do have some +3 Deaver HDs on it. I ratchet strap the hell out of it. I run 80mph up and down I75 in Oklahoma with no problems. Weighs about 700lb. My roll up bed cover makes a nice bumper for the front of the four wheeler to make sure it cant knock the glass out.

20221119_210452.jpg

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be fine, I have a Gen 2 and a Can Am Outlander 570 XT Max (two-seater front-back, making it about 8" longer than standard length full size models) and it fits fine with the tailgate down. You will be resting on the tailgate no matter what, but it is rated for it.
As for the front bumper, my Can Am has the similar factory HD bumpers that ride higher and they are going to be stopped by the bed, not the back window.
If you have stock front springs, the rear won't eve squat that much, it will look pretty level when loaded...Can Am is about 800 lbs when loaded with fuel and it just leveled the truck laoded, before I put on Deavers & Geisers.