ATV, will it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m picking up an ATV this week to use around the house and was wondering if anyone has loaded one into the bed of their GEN3? I know width wise it’ll be fine, just thinking I’ll need to have the rear wheels resting on the tailgate and I’m not sure if that’s going to cause any issues.

Also a little concerned about an over rev and tapping the rear glass with the bumper of the ATV. Can’t imagine how long it would take to replace a rear window on one of this with all the shortages.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looking at the picture I don't think you will have to worry about the rear window. It looks like the tires will hit the front of the bed while you still have a comfortable cushion between the bumper and rear of the cab.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, looking at the picture I don't think you will have to worry about the rear window. It looks like the tires will hit the front of the bed while you still have a comfortable cushion between the bumper and rear of the cab.
Good eye! I definitely didn’t catch that. Looks like I’m buying an ATV this week after all. Appreciate the input.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an awfully big atv for back of a truck. You might want to carefully check the specs of the atv before committing. That thing probably weighs just under a 1000 lbs.
way too heavy for the suspension

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve transported a 12’ long snowmobile in the bed. That ATV is maybe 300-400lbs heavier. Sled is around 550lbs give it take depending on gas and how much snow is on it. Size wise it you would be fine. It’ll definitely squat a lot with that much weight. If it’s only a short drive I wouldn’t worry about it and just take it easy.