Attacking a woop section in Glamis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
zflbf69bv5.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
T-Rex, F-14, I knew you guys would bitch about that stuff :mrgreen:

Here's a pic of your meeting place:

14093133762542495571.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

By the way, that's not a tank in your signature :mrgreen: (just thought I'd point that out to you)

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The dunes is honestly the best time I've had with my truck so far. My buddies got vid of me doing 75mph down Sand Highway while they were filming from the pavement, I'll have to see if I can get the vid somehow. But if you ever get the chance to hit the dunes with it, you won't be sorry. I more than held my own at the flat drags at Gecko and I also went up Competition Hill.

Dude, that was sick...

What psi you runnin in the sand out there?

18psi front, 15psi rear. I've also got the Viar on-board system with the ADD mounting bracket so that let me play around with the pressure.

PS. Hope you don't mind, I shared this on my Facebook it was so awesome I thought :D
FFS

Not at all :)

Here's a couple of pics from that trip too.
IMG_1038.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1034.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1028.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1044.jpg
[/IMG]

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you manually select 2nd gear when you climbed the dunes/competition hill. Before I was doing that in Pismo, I was plain unhappy with the shift schedule for the new transmission. FFS

Oh also, I was running my tires around 12-14psi when I was pulling a 4500-5000lb trailer in the dunes. So I left them down that low while playing (no on-board air), but except for one time, I never really could play at high speeds. I think the highest mph I was going was around 55-60mph.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the way, that's not a tank in your signature :mrgreen: (just thought I'd point that out to you)

The truck is not The Tank. I am The Tank. My first name is Frank and I used to be quite the drinker before I went to Iraq so my friends just started calling me The Tank. (just thought I'd let you know so you had your facts right)

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome video!

I totally forgot I had a video similar to this from Pismo. I will post it in a new thread.

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you manually select 2nd gear when you climbed the dunes/competition hill. Before I was doing that in Pismo, I was plain unhappy with the shift schedule for the new transmission. FFS

Oh also, I was running my tires around 12-14psi when I was pulling a 4500-5000lb trailer in the dunes. So I left them down that low while playing (no on-board air), but except for one time, I never really could play at high speeds. I think the highest mph I was going was around 55-60mph.

I would start in 1st and then shift into 2nd at the first set of woops (I was starting from a dead stop at the bottom of the hill). I would stay in 2nd for most of the climb but then had to manually shift back to 1st towards the top.....there was like 3 decent size woops in the middle of the hill that bucked the rear of the truck up and killed my traction and momentum. I would've liked to get a good speed approaching the hill from a distance but the woops at the bottom had started getting pretty big.