Anyone with experience using "Bubba Rope"...any alternatives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
We had a semi with a fully loaded tridem tanker get pulled out with a bubba rope by another semi at work here. Cant believe the rope didnt brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so naturally as a noob when it comes to trucks but one who is going to Utah and driving around Moab for a week or so this August, I'm interested in this topic. Never heard of a Bubba Rope. To me, Bubba is the guy you come upon in your jail cell. He's a nice guy and so he gives you the choice. "You want to be the husband or the wife?" I-I-I want to be the husband, you sheepishly reply. Okay, Bubba replies, then get over here and suck your wife's %$#^

Back to the rope. How is a stretch rope different/better than a heavy duty tow strap I purchased?

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back to the rope. How is a stretch rope different/better than a heavy duty tow strap I purchased?

You tube it. recovery rope vs tow strap.

Basically....a tow strap is instant "jerk" to both vehicles and is very harsh. Not good for "stuck" vehicles but better for towing.

A kinetic recovery rope will stretch and apply gradual force to both vehicles to get them unstuck. but that stretch gets recovered giving you extra force in the end to pull a stuck vehicle.

2 specific tools for specific jobs

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I just got one of the freedom ropes. It is honestly just as nice as a bubba rope and quite a bit less expensive. They have a $25 off sale on the 1" red ropes right now. I think I paid $160 shipped for it.

camo4stealth

Reaction score
I agree and also got the 30' bubba. I believe the extra 10' will put the rig you are pulling out that much further from hitting your rig once they're free. That comes from experience, sadly.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As well CM has a super strong bow shackle. 6.5 vs 4.75 working limit, with a 6 x safety factor. This has been discussed on here before. Stay away from no name shackles, including the soft shackles

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is one of those items you don’t cheap out on. I buy off reputation so it’s either Bubba Rope or Factor55’s rope. I ended up with Bubba Rope for my Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter