Anyone with a code orange in socal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone own a gen 3 code orange in socal I could take a quick peek at? The photos all look so different online, some shower it closer to red, others it looks like a pumpkin. I’ve got an order in, but since I don’t have a vin yet I can still make changes. I would be forever grateful thanks in advance.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one at Santa Margarita Ford in Rancho Santa Margarita. According to Cargurus anyway.
Thanks for the heads up I just gave them a ring. It’s with their service department at the moment for the driveshaft recall, they said they would get back to me if their service folks would let me take a quick look.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen the one in Rancho Ford and it is a cool color but I think is closer to dark pumpkin than red
I was hoping for closer to red than orange like in the commercial. I feel like i should be grateful i got a 22 allocation but, no offense to anyone’s preferences here, good color options for 22 raptors seems slim.

Stevdug

Reaction score
I saw one in the flesh for the first time a couple weeks ago and was really suprized how close the color was to my competition orange gt350. Take a picture of the comp orange mustang and it will look red, just like the code orange does, but stick it next to a red car and there is no mistaking that it is orange.

canuckian

Reaction score
Saw one in person last week and it solidified the color choice I made for my order. It's definitely orange (according to my eyes anyways lol) and as the poster above mentions, its really close to the GT350 color. A lot of the pictures I saw online made it almost look like a copper-ish color or at least a darker orange.