Anyone running a CAI and exhaust without a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be real satisfied when you get a tune!

Good to hear, I bought my Raptor with those two the truck already. I'm very happy with both of them. The exhaust is the best I have ever had and I've tried many on trucks. I'm hoping the tuner really gets the best out of the two mods.

BigBaumer23

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm brand new the the Raptor family and Ford. What is the preferred tuner that you guys are using on these trucks? I already have an exhaust and intake picked out but I'm shocked to hear that these custom tunes make such a big difference!

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For tunes, you really should look thru the forum. It's all been discussed before. There are many opinions.

As far who's out there, in no particular order:
5 Star, JDM (I think), SVC and more I just can't think of them at the moment. Search and shop.

BigBaumer23

Reaction score
For tunes, you really should look thru the forum. It's all been discussed before. There are many opinions.

As far who's out there, in no particular order:
5 Star, JDM (I think), SVC and more I just can't think of them at the moment. Search and shop.

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback! I will look and see what sounds like the best option for me. As far as intake and exhaust I think sticking with Ford made parts is the best way to go for resale value. Although expensive I believe it's worth it since you only purchase the items once!

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with sticking to ford parts, ..... But as far as intake and exhaust, it doesn't need to be permanent. I have the stock intake and exhaust in the garage. The intake is easy to replace. The exhaust simply needs to be welded together. It was cut in half to remove. Shouldn't cost to much to restore. So don't be afraid of non-ford intake or exhaust.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the K&N intake and the stainless headers and lightning exhaust and I was running around for a couple weeks without a tune. My battery was unplugged for the entire weekend of the header and exhaust install. As soon as we were done, I fired it up and let it run for about 5-10 minutes and let itself relearn everything. I was fine with it. Truck ran good and not one single engine light ever came on for me and I was beating on it pretty good too.